Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/441985955550228480

Details to come.

The only reason I can think of for not giving him a longer deal* is that if he sticks around beyond this season, the Pats could re-sign him to one-year deals that qualify for vet minimum treatment.

*He's a long snapper, after all; he's not going to get $1M/year from anyone. If I were in his shoes, and the Pats offered me a three-year with, say, a $100K signing bonus, I'd sign immediately.

https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/441985955550228480

Details to come.

The only reason I can think of for not giving him a longer deal* is that if he sticks around beyond this season, the Pats could re-sign him to one-ear deals that qualify for vet minimum treatment.

*He's a long snapper, after all; he's not going to get $1M/year from anyone. If I were in his shoes, and the Pats offered me a three-year with, say, a $100K signing bonus, I'd sign immediately.

That and the fact that he may be on a one-strike-and-you're-out arrangement after his playoff game against Indy.

the-big-lebowski-reunion-animated-gifs-3-1.gif

Super Bowl here we come!

Good, now that this deal is done, maybe we can move our focus to Talib and Edelman lol

Hope bigger news coming soon!!!!

With this info I'm gonna adjust my mock draft, I had a LS being picked with one of our 3 rd round picks.

Pats making some BOSS moves in FA so far. :rocker:

The team is simply taking care of business. We needed to make decisions on all our ERFA's and RFA's this week. Apparently, this part of the offseason is complete. We have no ERFA's and Aiken was the only RFA.

On to the draft........

AP Wire Service
Englewood, CO

Bronco's owner Pat Bowlen and General Manager John Elway reacted negatively to the news that #1 priority long snapper Danny Aiken resigned with conference rival New England on Thursday. Shattered glass blanketed the walkway below Bowlen's office at 13655 Broncos Parkway, Englewood just after 11:00 AM and a leather office chair was spotted rolling downhill toward Elway Drive. Bowlen and Elway quickly departed the Bronco's office complex and proceeded to Elway Executive Airport where they boarded Bronco One. Early indications are that Bowlen and Elway plan to counter the Patriots' stealth move by negotiating a trade for talented Darrelle Revis, the league's most dynamic corner back. Although free agency is not set to begin until March 11, the NFL cannot interfere with negotiations that take place outside the United States and it is believed Bronco One is headed to Revis Island, an independent sovereignty off the coast of Tampa. Little is known about Revis Island except for its exclusivity and the urban myth that Tom Brady has been denied access multiple times as were other NFL quarterbacks. A source inside the organization was quoted as saying, "Aiken ******ed us over and now we have to try and salvage the off season."
AP Wire Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back