PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: No plans for Pats to visit White House (yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The path of least resistance for all involved is just to not go and pretend no one notices. Just don’t bring it up.

Women's World Cup win is a big deal IMO. The men have to buy tickets to get to a championship game. I would say it's a bigger deal than any of the major 4 sports going, not going, or whatever else. This coming from a anti-soccer guy.

Let me see if I have this correctly. You think that a woman's soccer title is a bigger deal than any of the 4 major men sports titles in this country?

Let me see if I have this correctly. You think that a woman's soccer title is a bigger deal than any of the 4 major men sports titles in this country?

you missed the point......feel free to try again

BB and Kraft simply don't wish to be labeled racists and Nazis.

Instead of a White House visit, maybe they can have some kind of "ball" or event honoring the team and have an auction or something for charity.

Women's World Cup win is a big deal IMO. The men have to buy tickets to get to a championship game. I would say it's a bigger deal than any of the major 4 sports going, not going, or whatever else. This coming from a anti-soccer guy.
Well it depends on how we look at it. Women's Soccer - like the Olympics - is something that a large number of people tune into once every 4 years. It certainly doesn't hurt local ratings that it is a sport the U.S. dominates. But once it is over, it fades into the far distant background for another 4 years.

So absolutely I agree the Women's World Cup is widely viewed, but the sport as a whole is not something that has a large following. Apologies for my poor phrasing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back