PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss has lost his mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I can see Kraft approving a settlement that all he gets is a press release that says:

"Although we stand by the Wells Report that more probable than not that the Patriots are guilty of illegally deflating footballs, we apologize for incorrectly sending the Patriots a letter stating the wrong PSI in January. Mr. Kraft has accepted our apology for this mistake and we will uphold the penalty for the Pats violating the rules."

Does Reiss realize that if Kraft accepted a deal like this where all the League does is accept that they handled the situation wrong by giving out false information, it is the same as Kraft admitting the Patriots are guilty of the crime that they are adamant they are innocent? I don't think Kraft would sue the League at this point, but there is no way Kraft would accept this deal. He would rather file an appeal and lose it and get nothing that basically admit guilt just to get a concession that the League admitted they handled the situation wrong.

As someone who has owned things but of course is not a billionaire, I simply cannot see why an owner would acquiesce to having his public property besmirched like this. I agreed with Kraft's stated position to Brady, "If you did this, we'll accept the penalty & move on" but why he would "compromise" in having the Patriots FOREVER besmirched as repeat "cheaters".

Reiss also comes up with the genius logic that while the NFL should admit they lied and covered up the facts publicly that Kraft was wrong to say that if there is no proof anything was done wrong he wants an apology.

OMG!!!!...

Man, can we stop REACTING to every sound-bite for a few days? We have no other choice than to let this play out. Our "feelings" are really irrelevant to anything...

Sit back, it's going to be a longggggggggg ride people.

Spygate STILL isn't behind the team. This isn't going away no matter what, so all that matters now is getting as much of the punishment rescinded as possible so it doesn't set the success of the franchise back.

This entire "Deflategate" business is ALL about Spygate.

As someone who has owned things but of course is not a billionaire, I simply cannot see why an owner would acquiesce to having his public property besmirched like this. I agreed with Kraft's stated position to Brady, "If you did this, we'll accept the penalty & move on" but why he would "compromise" in having the Patriots FOREVER besmirched as repeat "cheaters".

Not to nit-pick...but it's actually private property.

I wish I knew how to create a poll on here.
I'd love to see the response of fans if Kraft stops without exoneration.
I would bet 95% would say they lose respect for him as owner and may abandon their fandom.
He should see that.
31-people-who-are-too-dumb-to-breathe_dammit-china.png

Kraft can agree to what he wants but I'll bet that Brady isn't taking that deal or Giselle would kill him.

Since Brady is likely going to court regardless I can see any point in agreeing to anything. Once the court tosses Brady's punishment Kraft will have a lot more leverage to remove the team's punishment.

How is the best option to do nothing? How is a compromise that gives you nothing at all in return the best you can do?
They are not guilty, they cannot accept guilt because its too hard to fight. Thats BS

i didnt say do nothing. i said take the crappiest best option. hes not going to court. you have to think rationally. hes not al davis

I would bet 95% would say they lose respect for him as owner and may abandon their fandom.
He should see that.

i personally would be pissed off if he does nothing. but at the same time i understand that going forward isnt the best look for kraft among his peers. probably not best for the game of football. if an option to settle is presented that kraft can live with he will accept it. as would i, even if its a really bad option.

OMG!!!!...

Man, can we stop REACTING to every sound-bite for a few days? We have no other choice than to let this play out. Our "feelings" are really irrelevant to anything...

Sit back, it's going to be a longggggggggg ride people.

Actually, it will take only a couple of days to see where this goes. Kraft has until Thursday to file an appeal against the team penalties...and at this rate, I'm not sure he'll even do that

Kraft can agree to what he wants but I'll bet that Brady isn't taking that deal or Giselle would kill him.

Since Brady is likely going to court regardless I can see any point in agreeing to anything. Once the court tosses Brady's punishment Kraft will have a lot more leverage to remove the team's punishment.
He has until Thursday to appeal.

Actually, it will take only a couple of days to see where this goes. Kraft has until Thursday to file an appeal against the team penalties...and at this rate, I'm not sure he'll even do that

Fair point...but there's more to it than what Kraft will or won't do. Brady is pursuing other avenues....net/net, we'll be yacking about this for a long time to come.

Not to sound cold, but however this works out, I'm not going to allow it to affect the quality of my life. I'll always and forever love Tom Brady and my Patriots.

appealing is easy.......and can always be withdrawn....expect it to happen

He should see that.

Yep, you said it...56 years a fan , and out. He has the resources to fight this. Just to keep peace among greedy zillionaires is not a good reason, imho...

i didnt say do nothing. i said take the crappiest best option. hes not going to court. you have to think rationally. hes not al davis
He should go to court rather than get railroaded.
The discussion was about what Reiss suggested, so I assumed you were endorsing accepting that offer if its the best he can do, in other words a 5lb bag of shlt is better than going to court.

i personally would be pissed off if he does nothing. but at the same time i understand that going forward isnt the best look for kraft among his peers. probably not best for the game of football. if an option to settle is presented that kraft can live with he will accept it. as would i, even if its a really bad option.

You aren't making sense. You would be pissed off if he did nothing but he should accept nothing?

You aren't making sense. You would be pissed off if he did nothing but he should accept nothing?

My personal opinion and what i think kraft does are two separate things

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye