PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Red Sox Will be in 1st Place by Labor Day

berated you? what are you ten years old. dont blame me because you posted some Homerish non sense about the sox having the upper hand against a team that they are 6 and 6 against. then you come back with some weak sh!t about the sox scoring more runs in the games they won at fenway. give me a break i thought you were a baseball guy. :rolleyes:
Actually, I said that they outscored them in the season series, not just in the games at Fenway. And I said that in the same post as I claimed the upper hand over Tampa. So I didn't "come back" with that, it was in the same post.

Actually, I said that they outscored them in the season series, not just in the games at Fenway. And I said that in the same post as I claimed the upper hand over Tampa. So I didn't "come back" with that, it was in the same post.
arguing semantics's now? lmao. get your head out of the stat book and watch a game. you might learn something about baseball. homerish non sense no matter how you spin it.

Last edited:
arguing semantics's now? lmao. get your head out of the stat book and watch a game. you might learn something about baseball.
Nope. Not arguing schematics. Just pointing out a completely incorrect statement.

And I don't own a stat book.

Nope. Not arguing schematics. Just pointing out a completely incorrect statement.

And I don't own a stat book.
yup you are arguing semantics. the sox outscored the rays in the season series. this is true . the games they lost at tampa were two games at 5 to 4 -they lost 3 to 1- 7 to 6 - 3 to 0 and 2 to 1. . since they didn't out score the rays at tampa [they lost every game]they must have out scored the rays at fenway. 12 to 4 - 7 to 4 - 7 to 1 - 5 to 1 and two games 7 to 3. the lesson of this story is outscoring the rays in the season series = in this case out scoring the rays at fenway. you are in fact arguing semantics. and its semantics not schematics. just pointing out a completely incorrect statement on your part lol.

yup you are arguing semantics. the sox outscored the rays in the season series. this is true . the games they lost at tampa were two games at 5 to 4 -they lost 3 to 1- 7 to 6 - 3 to 0 and 2 to 1. . since they didn't out score the rays at tampa [they lost every game]they must have out scored the rays at fenway. 12 to 4 - 7 to 4 - 7 to 1 - 5 to 1 and two games 7 to 3. the lesson of this story is outscoring the rays in the season series = in this case out scoring the rays at fenway. you are in fact arguing semantics. and its semantics not schematics. just pointing out a completely incorrect statement on your part lol.
True, but the number that I posted, 61-41, was in reference to the entire season, not just the series at Fenway. And the fact that they outscored them by so much indicates that, while they did indeed lose every game in Tampa, they were all close. I think that is an important point, you don't. Big whoop.

And you're arguing typos? really?

True, but the number that I posted, 61-41, was in reference to the entire season, not just the series at Fenway. And the fact that they outscored them by so much indicates that, while they did indeed lose every game in Tampa, they were all close. I think that is an important point, you don't. Big whoop.

And you're arguing typos? really?
are you kidding me or what? your making yourself look foolish lol. the sox lost every game at tampa. so where did the sox out score the rays? at fenway .the important point is you were arguing semantics and exposed yourself to be a hypocrite. you knew exactly what i was referring to when i said the sox out scored the rays at home as opposed to saying they outscored the rays in the season series. they are the same thing. yet you chose to point that out and say my statement was in correct when in fact it wasn't.

Last edited:
are you kidding me or what? your making yourself look foolish lol. the sox lost every game at tampa. so where did the sox out score the rays? at fenway .the important point is you were arguing semantics and exposed yourself to be a hypocrite. you knew exactly what i was referring to when i said the sox out scored the rays at home as opposed to saying they outscored the rays in the season series. they are the same thing.
Here was my point: Boston won all the games in Boston. Tampa won all the games in Tampa. There is no advantage in the number of games won. The advantage lies in the fact that when Boston won, it was by a lot, while when Tampa won, it was by a small margin. Thus on the season, Boston has outscored them.

You don't think that matters. I do. Awesome. Having a discussion with you is like arguing with a wall, so I'll bow out now. Buh-bye.

this is you arguing semantics.

One thing that I have not seen mentioned is the Sept schedules of TB and Boston. The sox play about 70% of their remaining games at Fenway while the Rays have the same proportion on the road. That bodes well for the Sox but is not a guarantee to win the division.....

Pudge Rodriguez looks like a 2nd baseman ... what's up with that?:D

He's off the sauce, and it looks like Giambi is back on the sauce.

Man o man do I hate that ****ing guy, cost us a shot at the World Series in 2003 with his two home runs in game seven off of Pedro when he was heavily on the sauce, the ****ing piece of trash that he is.............

Drink some more Koolaid, the Sox should be more concerned with holding off the Twins because they are not catching the Rays.

Drink some more Koolaid, the Sox should be more concerned with holding off the Twins because they are not catching the Rays.
im with you. i could care less about the rays. the sox have a three game lead in the wildcard. thats what i look at everyday when checking the standings.

im with you. i could care less about the rays. the sox have a three game lead in the wildcard. thats what i look at everyday when checking the standings.

I always check the loss column vs the lead. You can always win more games but can't subtract losses.

I always check the loss column vs the lead. You can always win more games but can't subtract losses.
that's what i do. its all about the all important loss column. the sox are up three in the loss column

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back