PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Red Sox 2018 Season

Start Sale games 1, 4 & 7; Porcello games 2 & 5; and Eovaldi games 3 & 6.
I have more confidence in them vs Price for sure, but not on 3 days rest. Sale has done it once in his career and was awful. Porcello has never done it. Price is a roll of the dice, but starting everyone on 3 days rest is an even bigger one.

stick price in the pen and go with Nathan Eovaldi game 2.
And then? Everyone on 3 days rest? Start Price in Houston? Rodriguez? I don't trust Price on the mound during the playoffs, but there is no clearly better choice right now. Cora has pushed most of the right buttons so far this season, so I'll trust his gut for now.

I have more confidence in them vs Price for sure, but not on 3 days rest. Sale has done it once in his career and was awful. Porcello has never done it. Price is a roll of the dice, but starting everyone on 3 days rest is an even bigger one.

And then? Everyone on 3 days rest? Start Price in Houston? Rodriguez? I don't trust Price on the mound during the playoffs, but there is no clearly better choice right now. Cora has pushed most of the right buttons so far this season, so I'll trust his gut for now.
pitch price in game 4. then use him out of the pen for 6 and 7 .

nunez is killing this team. hes become a butcher. devers should be in the lineup. lefty or not. update. 2 minutes after posting this. devers boots a ground ball from bregman. lol

Last edited:
That's what a starting pitcher looks like.

And we now have incontrovertible proof (and I hope that even Cora sees this too) that both Price & Kimbrel's "services" not only are no longer required, but also no longer welcome.

That's what a starting pitcher looks like.

And we now have incontrovertible proof (and I hope that even Cora sees this too) that both Price & Kimbrel's "services" not only are no longer required, but also no longer welcome.
I don't know about all that, but yes, Eovaldi was outstanding. He attacks hitters and that is awesome. I am excited to see him next year as this year was his first back from major surgery.

I don't know about all that, but yes, Eovaldi was outstanding. He attacks hitters and that is awesome. I am excited to see him next year as this year was his first back from major surgery.

Me too - Unfortunately I think a starting pitching needy team like the Yankees or the A’s will give him an offer that the Sox won’t be willing to.

haha, that's rich. The Yankees have been buying great teams for decades...I will assume you just forgot the smiley face at the end of your post. Not to mention the gift you received from Jeter. We can revisit this post when the Yankees swoop in at the 11th hour of free agency and sign Bryce Harper.:rolleyes:

What a lot of fans don't realize, and @JetFan79 is one of them, is that way back when the Yankees bought Babe Ruth they also brought along a man from the Sox who established the spend to win philosophy that still exists today. I forget his name but he and Ruth came over to the Yankees.

About damn time that Price started to earn his bloated paycheck.

And stop the presses! Kimbrel pitches a scoreless inning!

haha, that's rich. The Yankees have been buying great teams for decades...I will assume you just forgot the smiley face at the end of your post. Not to mention the gift you received from Jeter. We can revisit this post when the Yankees swoop in at the 11th hour of free agency and sign Bryce Harper.:rolleyes:

Yep and their last title in 2009 was bought.

The fun thing about eliminating them is that their fans and media won't tolerate the fact they were eliminated and embarrassed by the Sox (and even moreso if the Sox win the World Series) so they will demand their team buy some big names and big stars to try and get back at the Sox.

And then the team will pay big money for older overpaid players like the good old days and undo a lot of the work they've done to build their farm system to try and buy another one. Should be fun to watch the implosion! :)

About damn time that Price started to earn his bloated paycheck.

And stop the presses! Kimbrel pitches a scoreless inning!

I haven't been following baseball as closely as I used to, but Kimbrel is the worst closer that I've seen. I just hope he doesn't blow anything in the WS because (unfortunately) he's still going to get the ball in those situations.

Say what you want about Price but he sure came up big this time. Hopefully that will open up the floodgates and get him on a run.

Like all pitchers, it's about control and keeping hitters off balance.

I haven't been following baseball as closely as I used to, but Kimbrel is the worst closer that I've seen. I just hope he doesn't blow anything in the WS because (unfortunately) he's still going to get the ball in those situations.

Say what you want about Price but he sure came up big this time. Hopefully that will open up the floodgates and get him on a run.

Like all pitchers, it's about control and keeping hitters off balance.

So what Cora said today was that found out he was telegraphing his pitches...I don’t know How much that played into things, but I hope it did

Hopefully the change Kimbrel made to his delivery is really what was making him struggle, but either way he has lost himself a ton of money over the past month. All the talk about Kimbrel being the first $100 million closer look pretty laughable now.

And I'm glad Cora continued to trust Price and didn't listen to the cries of fans. His services were certainly needed in Game 5.

So what Cora said today was that found out he was telegraphing his pitches...I don’t know How much that played into things, but I hope it did

That's encouraging news.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back