PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Really Missed Hobbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our secondary had trouble in the first half because we were selling out to stop the run and Garrard played out of his mind.

Very interesting indeedy.

I'm guessing 2 inches of height would be the strategic advantage of Gay over Hobbs tonight.

Good point, makes sense. After Hobbs great performance against the Colts in the AFCCG last season, I don't think there's any question who will start next week.

While I stand by those that might say that Hobbs has struggled a little bit in the zone coverage - where Asante seems to flourish - I could also buy that Hobbs has better man coverage skills. I'd love to see the Pats press the Colts receivers like the Ty Law days, let Hobbs get up there a little bit. While I think the soft zone works for most teams, just not one quarterback'd by Peyton Manning. We'll see an entirely different gameplan next week.

Good God!!!* Randall Gay got beat like a rented mule ALL NIGHT.* He sux.* Northcutt should have caught the ball at the one yard line.* Gay was beat all night.* If you wanna congratulate him...that is just plain ridiculous.* He was plain AWFUL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes