PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Realistic for Edelman to play in playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't have a physical D?
Of course the Pats r "physical" but if today's corners played like Law & Otis Smith there'd be PI or holding every play. Opposing offenses would probably get 100 free yards of field position if Butler, Ryan etc played like 01 def backfield....this would put a ton of pressure on the offense to convert WAY more than 30% on third down...

He won't be 100%..but a 75% or 80% JE is better than anything we have besides Gronk.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats use the bye week to convert themselves into a power run team and just ride Steven Jackson and Brandon Bolden, with quick strikes to Edelman and Dola, and occasional shots to Gronk Martin and LaFell. The pass blocking hasn't been great but perhaps they can run block with efficiency in some cold weather games in Foxboro?

Not sure I've seen 12 weeks. The study posted said 8-10 - <10 with accelerated rehab.

Either way, 9 weeks seems to give him an excellent chance of playing and being healthy, if limited.

Yeah, it was always pretty much a 8-12 week recovery time, although the belief was that professional athletes who have the surgically implanted screw may be able to expedite the recovery process due to stimulating the circulation (I guess it's supposedly a poorly circulated area which doesn't normally get a lot of blood flow). That can allow you to cut off a couple/few weeks like we've seen with Dez Bryant (7 weeks).

For normal people though, it's often at least a 10-12 week recovery period, sometimes even after the surgery. Judging by a lot of the mediot comments and opinions here on the forum, I'm guessing that about 90 percent of the fans are underestimating this injury quite a bit. Luckily, Edelman will be falling right in the middle at 9 weeks, and hopefully we can get a couple of good postseason games before resting again during the SB bye!

Fifth Metatarsal Fracture Surgery

Jones fracture - what to expect?

Jones Fracture | Bone, Joint and Ligament Problems discussions | Body & Health Conditions center | SteadyHealth.com

I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats use the bye week to convert themselves into a power run team and just ride Steven Jackson and Brandon Bolden, with quick strikes to Edelman and Dola, and occasional shots to Gronk Martin and LaFell. The pass blocking hasn't been great but perhaps they can run block with efficiency in some cold weather games in Foxboro?

How do they manage that? The run-blocking has been bad-worse all season.

Schefter with the good news.

talking-to-god-smiley-emoticon.gif

Well... if sources say they're on-track... I mean, no way Shefter can walk that one back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back