PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RCA Dome ( invitation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No offense, but that place looks like a barn or autoshop. That's not a hick joke or anything, it just looks weird. I get chills just driving past Gillette. That place does not look chill-inducing.

How about a 12 Cylinder???

Rave reviews about Conseco, and I'm certain Lucas will be the same. It looks awesome up close, and awesome from the interstate. You Awesomes will like it.

You sound like a mother-in-law.

Really? I can't identify one that doesn't say "blah blah blah, pass the cake, blah, blah, blah, I'm hungry, blah, blah, blah, give me pie".

How about a 12 Cylinder???

Rave reviews about Conseco, and I'm certain Lucas will be the same. It looks awesome up close, and awesome from the interstate. You Awesomes will like it.

I'm sure it will be nicer than what that picture looks like. Nicer than Texas Stadium for sure.

Really? I think it sucks. Maybe it's me. I'm sure it will be nice inside.

I just wish Bob Kraft would finally put in escalators at Gillette. It's brutal walking up to the 300 level.

lucasmain.jpg

los900.jpg

los903.jpg

los904.jpg

No offense, but that place looks like a barn or autoshop. That's not a hick joke or anything, it just looks weird. I get chills just driving past Gillette. That place does not look chill-inducing.

Yeah, it's a dome thing. They just can't really look like stadiums now.

Warehouse? Parking structure?

newfront.jpg

the old place is in need of replacement and that new Dome looks nice...much like the Texans home. I look forward to heading out there in a few years to check it out

Say what your want but let's put the mutual angst aside for a second. This will be the last regular season ( and possibly the very last ) time the Patriots play in the Hoosier/RCA Dome. Can't say you have been visitors often of late but in any event this is it. It is THE smallest venue in the NFL ( not that is something to be proud of) and ranks up there in age. ( Lambeau, Metrodome, Arrowhead). I am sure you all have memories of the old Foxboro Stadium... For me ( regardless of the outcome, including your predicted 52-7 romping) this game will close a huge chapter in my football spectating life. How could we have gone from ZERO regular home games televised locally to this ? If you are going to the game, please show the class that I know you all have and stop by the corner of South and Pennsylvania to say HI. I think you will know who I am when you get there. - C

rcajs.jpg

I was hoping to make it to this game since I have some friends/fellow co-op members in Haubstadt who are Colt STH's and invited me out. Unfortunately some other business issues came up. Besides the SB 41 1/2 aspect of it, it is the end of an era, good or not.

I think the new stadium design is pretty cool looking even though I despise the biospheres. Lucas has big money. Pretty interesting story for a company founded by a trucker. They are big in the autoracing circles, too.

I'll have to take a pass this time, but the next time around I might just have to look you up.

No offense, but that place looks like a barn or autoshop.

Sadly, I think that's the look they are going for. Ii wasn't sold on Conseco until I went inside. I has that old 'fieldhouse' ( which there are many fieldhouses in Indiana) feel to it ala the movie 'Hoosiers'. The whole Ford Field,Reliant Stadium thing seems to be the rage. Even in the baseball world we have seen that retro look versus the super stadium. EXCEPT: What I can't figure out is that UFO in Phoenix... say what you want about 'The Luke' but talk about chills EGAAAAAD

1-University%20of%20Phoenix%20Stadium%20PP-Web.jpg

South and Penn? Is that right across from the new stadium? I taligated there last AFCC.

DON'T EVEN ASK.... when they announced it I was floored.. I don't even know what Lucas Oil is or does.. All I know is the owner has a lot of cash. Naming rights were $122 million over 20 years.. must be nice.

I have some idea of what industry Lucas Oil is in :D

Why didn't they name the new place Whiner Field? Why do they need a place with a roof on it in Indianapolis anyway?

Last edited:
Sadly, I think that's the look they are going for. Ii wasn't sold on Conseco until I went inside. I has that old 'fieldhouse' ( which there are many fieldhouses in Indiana) feel to it ala the movie 'Hoosiers'. The whole Ford Field,Reliant Stadium thing seems to be the rage. Even in the baseball world we have seen that retro look versus the super stadium. EXCEPT: What I can't figure out is that UFO in Phoenix... say what you want about 'The Luke' but talk about chills EGAAAAAD
As a fan of 30's-40's architecture I think it's a pretty cool rage. It's definitely a nouveau retro-industrial look. Now the new AZ stadium is downright fugly. Neat concept and features but the envelope itself leaves a lot to be desired. It's kind of like the renovations they did to Soldier Field. I went on a stadium tour there a couple years ago and it looks like a UFO landed on top of the old stadium. It was cool that they were able to incorporate much of the old architecture into it, but it's a very odd mix of styles with flowing metal surfaces just seemingly plopped on top of a very classic looking structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes