PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ravens cut Arrington

Status
Not open for further replies.
$17M career cash earnings for an UDFA, that's a success story by any definition I can think of. Hopefully he invested lots of that money.
Agent's cut plus taxes off the top, he's lucky if he saw $8M takehome. If he lived frugally and saved effectively he's okay. Until CTE sets in and healthcare breaks his bank.

Will be interesting to see how the Ravens' depth at CB works out this season. They just lost a promising (so I've read) second year CB for the year in Tavon Young, but they still have notable vets at the starting positions - Jimmy Smith (28 y/o) & Brandon Carr (31 y/o) plus Marlon Humphrey the rookie from Alabama drafted 16th overall.

Really surprised he lasted this long in the league. Happy for him and hope he catches on to a team soon.

2011, Kyle Arrington ties for the league lead in interceptions...yeah, that really happened... o_O

Hope he's okay, but if this is it, thanks for all the memories Kyle. You had a great career for an UDFA, with a Super Bowl ring to close out your Patriots time.

I'd offer vet min as a slot corner.

I'd offer vet min as a slot corner.
He didn't play last year and still can't pass a physical now. Unfortunately for him, he may be toast.

He definitely had a role with us. I mean, who could forget how he shutdown TY Hitlon in 2014? If I recall he had a highlight worthy pick six against Green Bay in 2010.

Yeah, probably tough to get by only taking home $8M or so by the time you're 30.
Yeah, right. Beat me to it. Must suck making all of those awesome memories, going to the SB etc as an UDFA, then retiring in your late 20s/early 30s with a handful of millions. How will he possibly make it through life?

$17M career cash earnings for an UDFA, that's a success story by any definition I can think of. Hopefully he invested lots of that money.

Come on, that's gross!

Arrington is one of those players/stories that make football/Patriots extra nice. A guy fighting longer odds who tries as hard as he possibly can, does what's asked of him to get his chance, makes the most of his chance, reaps the rewards.

17m*60% ATI(est.) = 10.2m.
10.2m/.50% liquid = 5.1m (other .50 purchases and replenishment)
5.1m*.06 (30 PAR) = .31m EBT

That's not Brady for life annual returns but that's the kind of money that allows Arrington to pursue a post NFL career/life that is based on "I'd like to do that" versus "I need to pay next month's mortgage". What a damn nice thing to achieve...

"In 2016, Arrington suffered a concussion in the first preseason game and was placed on injured reserve on August 29, 2016, missing the entire season."

That must have been one hell of a concussion.

Agent's cut plus taxes off the top, he's lucky if he saw $8M takehome. If he lived frugally and saved effectively he's okay. Until CTE sets in and healthcare breaks his bank.
Well, if he can't afford health coverage, he can just die, right?

201208-omag-quiz-half-empty-glass-949x534.jpg

The $64,000 question is, which is it @n6249c? :D

201208-omag-quiz-half-empty-glass-949x534.jpg

The $64,000 question is, which is it @n6249c? :D
One would hope that Arrington would have a nice home and a couple of cars paid off by now, as well as some nice investments. Even some basic low level stuff should see him living off of a couple of hundred thousand a year or so without the burden of cars/house pymt, and that's without even needing to touch the principal.

I don't know what kind of money @n6249c makes, but apparently, it's a holy **** ton. :)

If the cyphering is right and Arrington did take home 8 million, he and his family should be set for life..

OTOH liked Arrington as a player for the Pats.. although he was not initially brought in as a free agent by the Pats any UDFA always warms my heart when they play well on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes