PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RANT: A mediocre team, simple as

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seymour93

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
With the Bengals getting beat at home, again, and the Vikings losing today, take a look at our schedule... we have beaten nobody of note. It was the same last season, once we played the good teams we couldn't ever pull it out. Turnovers, injuries, questionable play calling, they all seem to be the same excuses after every single loss. "Well if only Faulk didn't tip the ball maybe we would've won." BS like that annoys me because how many of the sore losers said the EXACT same thing about their losses against the Dynasty Pats.

Something is wrong with this team. Maybe it's morale. Maybe we haven't properly replaced the greedy arseholes who left for the likes of Cleveland and Tennessee. The 'experts' were always going on about how from top to bottom the Patriots beat you. Well that certainly isn't the case anymore.

We are clearly lacking in talent, speed, and youth on defense. Gotta place the blame on the FO there. Meanwhile as for the offense, it's just pathetic that it struggles to get 20 points a game because we clearly have top talent at QB, RB, TE, O-line, and the emerging WR's. There are no excuses for the offense.

Put everything together and we get this mediocre team. Sure we'll probably squeak out the division, beat someone on Wildcard weekend and then go on the road and you know what will happen unless we see significant improvement from both sides of the ball, ST, and coaching.

I don't know how to solve the problems we have. Draft better I guess. Sign a proven player or two in FA. All I know is it was embarrassing to be a Pats fan today. The team should be ashamed that they didn't get off their asses until 4:00 left in the 4th qtr.

The biggest reasons lie with our coordinators. I think Dean Pees is solid, but Josh McDaniels is not a good strategist. For example, last week he tried many trick plays or fancy plays, when he should have just run the ball. This week, when he should have run more screen passes and quick slants, he called too many long drop back passes. He is either too timid to do what is required, or does not have the experience/intelligence to make proper adjustments on the fly.

I have to say that I agree with you on most points. I agree that the offensive play calling leaves some to be desired. Defense schemes seem to be called well but with the secondary missing Harrison thay just don't get it done. Don't you just cringe when the opposing team has a third and long? You know they will throw it and at least it seems to always be a long completion. We defend the run well but again the secondary is weak at this point. Why didn't Dillon get more carries in the second half? With the conditions, his style seemed to be more effective than Maroney. There was no excuse to drop this game today. We are just not getting it done.

I have to say that I agree with you on most points. I agree that the offensive play calling leaves some to be desired. Defense schemes seem to be called well but with the secondary missing Harrison thay just don't get it done. Don't you just cringe when the opposing team has a third and long? You know they will throw it and at least it seems to always be a long completion. We defend the run well but again the secondary is weak at this point. Why didn't Dillon get more carries in the second half? With the conditions, his style seemed to be more effective than Maroney. There was no excuse to drop this game today. We are just not getting it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents