PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss is a dog-faker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people here are expecting Moss to do things like in the Miami game in 07, just beat double coverage like it was noting. That was a special year and its crazy to expect that all the time.

The he is not clutch stuff is stupid. Some vikes fans said the same thing. Guess who's the vikes all time playoff WR leader?

Randy Moss is an elite talent and a sure fire hall of famer. Him being on the field makes everyone better, and no one benefits more than Welker. I would be scared to see this offense without him.

What makes you think it's that way? How about it being the other way around? That they may have lost because Moss was successfully shut down?

Since when is it the "Patriot Way" to be so predictable and top heavy that shutting down 1 receiver stalls this offense and losses them games?? But perhaps that is exactly what they've morphed into and it's why they're a 7 - 5 team?? Uh huh!!
Randy Moss isn't the problem here. Moss is what he is and always has been - a very talented and equally lazy homerun hitter who's batting average is .220. Moss gets his numbers by hitting the occassional bomb but contributes very little beyond that and rarely come up big in the bottom of the ninth in a close game.
The problem with Moss isn't Moss it's Brady and his insistance in forcing to ball to his binky particularly in the red zone. The Miami loss is completely on Tom Brady. That pick he threw trying to once again force the ball to binky was high school player ridiculous and cost the Pats that game. Did the same thing in the Indy game. Took points off the board in the 2nd half with a red zone pick. Completely took the wind out of the teams sails with that horrendous pick he threw against the Saints. Hmmm, now who was Brady trying to force the ball to then???
If the Patriots can somehow get rid of Moss, or keep Moss but somehow end Brady's obsession over him, they will be less sexy and less explosive but you'll get a more efficient and effective offense, particularly in the red zone.

Brady tries that and gets accused of forcing throws and making bad decisions because Moss doesn't back his play by fighting for tough catches. He did early in 2007 when he was in his prove it phase. That guy disappeared down the stretch and he has never returned. He will still make a play on occasion that leads some of us to believe he could do it more often. But he is firmly wedded to a philosophy of waiting on defenses to be lulled into mistakes where he can catch the ball in the open and not dragged down or hit hard. Maybe he believes the team needs him for the big game and he doesn't want to risk injury. But we're not gonna make the big game unless something changes and he didn't show up the last time although as that game unfolded our OL had as much to do with his limited opportunities as he did. Thing is when you know your opportunities are going to be limited it's imperative you make the most of them. Brady tries to, he cannot do it alone.

Exactly right. Moss goes through the motions.

Moss is a 1 trick pony.

Which one is it? Does he not lack effort or does he need to take it to another level? It can't be both for an an athlete that cares about winning championships. Half fullers need to re-read MoLewisrocks' post - he is far from a half empty type poster:

He needs to take it to another level....never did I say he lacks the effort

You still don't get it. When he is getting double/triple covered, he SHOUDLNT be thrown to unless he gets open. The other receivers have to do their job when they are single covered or are uncovered.

This "he needs to find ways to get open when he need him" stuff is a bit ridiculous. When we need that first down via a pass, who do you think the defense is looking at? Yeah, Moss or Welker. He has had a lot of great games this season. What is he supposed to do, dog it when we are winning and will the ball to him when behind? Get real. His production is a BIG reason why this team has won 7 games and is the reason we got a big lead in the Colts game. He put up 7 points of that 14 point lead we got on Miami and only "disappeared" in the 2nd half because Brady and rest of the team disappeared.

I just can't believe how people ignore his contributions during wins and point out his "quite" games in a loss.

I have not ignored his contributions by any means, I said that he is a top 5 WR in the NFL. Heres a question for you...with the game on the line who would you rather have Tom Brady throw to, Moss with double coverage or Aiken with single coverage? I think the answer to that is Moss because you trust that he can make a play because he is an elite reciever, Aiken is not.

Elite WR's make plays in the clutch and when their team needs them the most. Moss hasnt made any clutch plays this season. He is one of the best receivers in the NFL, it is expected that he make big catches in the end of games and in big games when he is needed. Other elite WRs can fight through double coverages and get open for their QB to get the ball to him.

Who are you blaming for the offensive struggles? I am not blaming Moss or anyone in particular, I think it is a combination of a lot of things including Moss not producing in losses and in the clutch.

I have not ignored his contributions by any means, I said that he is a top 5 WR in the NFL. Heres a question for you...with the game on the line who would you rather have Tom Brady throw to, Moss with double coverage or Aiken with single coverage? I think the answer to that is Moss because you trust that he can make a play because he is an elite reciever, Aiken is not.

Well, it depends on the situation. Define what you mean by "game on the line". I mean that could mean, you need to convert a 4th down so you can run out the clock on kneels...but it could also mean you need to get a quick sidline catch to set up a game winning FG. And it could mean a TD.

Stop blaming Moss. Ask yourself what Peyton manning would do with Moss right now.

The problem is Brady has no other choice.

The reason he forces to Moss is because Moss is the only decent true wide reciever on the team.

When I see Wes Welker routinely line up on the outside and run 15 yard slants, posts, and outs I will call him a wide reciever. Right now he is basically a running back lining up wide.

He cannot stab deep into the offense.

By treating Welker as a true number two reciever the Patriots have shortchanged their passing game. He should be an outlet, not a feature reciever.

Taking as-is, who would you rather have than Randy Moss for the next couple of years only?

People want to dog on Moss because he isn't perfect or they want to assume things negatively about one player to save another player from their scorn. Yet I don't think there is many players, if any, that most of us would want on the team over Moss.

There's a lot of blame to go around, trying to say Moss just isn't trying hard enough... come on!

Well, it depends on the situation. Define what you mean by "game on the line". I mean that could mean, you need to convert a 4th down so you can run out the clock on kneels...but it could also mean you need to get a quick sidline catch to set up a game winning FG. And it could mean a TD.

On any of those plays, you'd want the ball to be in Moss' hands over Sam Aikens.

On any of those plays, you'd want the ball to be in Moss' hands over Sam Aikens.

It depends on the down and distance and what you want to accomplish.

If the opposing D is selling out on the play by double or triple teaming Moss then, yes, I'd rather get the ball to Aiken if it will accomplish the same goal as a throw to Moss would.

Elite WR's make plays in the clutch and when their team needs them the most. Moss hasnt made any clutch plays this season. He is one of the best receivers in the NFL, it is expected that he make big catches in the end of games and in big games when he is needed. Other elite WRs can fight through double coverages and get open for their QB to get the ball to him.

Who are you blaming for the offensive struggles? I am not blaming Moss or anyone in particular, I think it is a combination of a lot of things including Moss not producing in losses and in the clutch.

That fourth down catch against Atlanta wasn't clutch?

That 75 yard TD against the Dolphins wasn't clutch? The way I remember it, the Phins just moved down the field on an 8 minute drive to take momentum.

He has been clutch, people just choose to see the play he didn't make, because he is so good.

Did anybody figure out what he means by dog-faker yet

I did a bunch of pages back. It means when you fake a dog out by pretending to throw a stick and the dog goes running after nothing.

Turns out I'm a dog-faker because, let's face it, that sh!t is funny. :D

I did a bunch of pages back. It means when you fake a dog out by pretending to throw a stick and the dog goes running after nothing.

Turns out I'm a dog-faker because, let's face it, that sh!t is funny. :D

LOL... put me down as well as a dog-faker.

That fourth down catch against Atlanta wasn't clutch?

That 75 yard TD against the Dolphins wasn't clutch? The way I remember it, the Phins just moved down the field on an 8 minute drive to take momentum.

He has been clutch, people just choose to see the play he didn't make, because he is so good.

The 4th and 1 catch vs Atlanta was with 2 minutes left and the Pats were up 26-10

The TD vs the Dolphins was the 1st drive of the game and it was 58 yards not 75 and the Dolphins didnt even have the ball yet in the game.

These are great plays, but not clutch. Clutch is in the 4th quarter or 2nd half when your trailing and you need to make a play to win a game.

The 4th and 1 catch vs Atlanta was with 2 minutes left and the Pats were up 26-10

The TD vs the Dolphins was the 1st drive of the game and it was 58 yards not 75 and the Dolphins didnt even have the ball yet in the game.

These are great plays, but not clutch. Clutch is in the 4th quarter or 2nd half when your trailing and you need to make a play to win a game.

Sb 42 Brady to Moss to go up 14-10. Cassel to Moss to tie Jets/Pats game last year with 1 second left

C'mon folks. Moss needs to raise his game a little a fight for some passes but hes not a choker.

Sb 42 Brady to Moss to go up 14-10. Cassel to Moss to tie Jets/Pats game last year with 1 second left

C'mon folks. Moss needs to raise his game a little a fight for some passes but hes not a choker.

Thats what comes to my mind when I use the word "clutch"

Does anyone know if Randy has pet dogs? Maybe he's a dog whisperer. Or if he steals dogs, he's a dog taker. Heaven forbid if he lived in China, he could be a dog baker.

Nearest I can figure, the OP thinks Randy is "doggin'" it and "faking" it, hence dog-faker. Interesting term regardless, I wonder if he made it up or it's new street lingo.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Randy has pet dogs? Maybe he's a dog whisperer. Or if he steals dogs, he's a dog taker. Heaven forbid if he lived in China, he could be a dog baker.

Nearest I can figure, the OP thinks Randy is "doggin'" it and "faking" it, hence dog-faker. Interesting term regardless, I wonder if he made it up or it's new street lingo.

I asked my 17 yr old son and 20 yr old daughter and from both got a 'wtf dad' look, so I don't think it's new street lingo.

My Golden Retriever just called me a dog-faker. I can now validate that the phrase is commonspeak amongst dogs. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back