PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Racking my brain / Hello? **** McPherson?

And you can be the janitor. The mayor will pay you in pork rinds.
Cracking Up Lol GIF

There was a 1-15 team sometime around 1990, imagine that is the worst.

Next would probably be this team or 2000 depending on how we finish. Both teams had pretty solid defenses and lost a bunch of close games. I think this years also finishes at 5 wins give or take and basically a carbon copy

95 wasn’t good but a young Drew nor Parcells was the reason.

Not trying to pile on now but…

Being a fan of this team since the mid 80s, I’m not sure I’ve seen a worse Pats team. The D is the only saving grace at this point.

Fellow old timers, please help me remember…was the **** Macpherson/Rod Rust era of the late 80s/early 90s this bad?

For me it’s a toss up between this season’s team and the pre Kraft era.
90 and 92 were far worse.

There was a 1-15 team sometime around 1990, imagine that is the worst.

Next would probably be this team or 2000 depending on how we finish. Both teams had pretty solid defenses and lost a bunch of close games. I think this years also finishes at 5 wins give or take and basically a carbon copy
1990... marc wilson tommy hodson and a barely alive 38 year old steve grogan

Everything is going to be alright, family. Just strap in, stay positive. Next few years might be rocky and don't get it confused ... WE WILL NEVER experience what we did the last 20 years, ever again. We can however hope we can get another 1 or 2 rings in our lifetime. That would be sweet.

Otherwise let's ride this thing out 1 Sunday at a time.

LFG Pats!

I seem to recall Clive Rush one week switched the O-Line snd D-Line en masse. Trust me, those days were *much* worse!

That won’t happen again under Kraft’s watch.
F-ing better not. I can't live through that again.

That era was a case study in top/down organizational dysfunction

I seem to recall Clive Rush one week switched the O-Line snd D-Line en masse. Trust me, those days were *much* worse!
Last coach of the Boston Patriots... well him and John Mazur

90 and 92 were far worse.
Yeah…I think in terms of offensive ineptitude, there’s not a lot of difference between 90, 92 and 23. The difference maker is that those early 90s defenses were also awful and this year’s team at least had a good D.

Missin’ Sisson!!!

Not trying to pile on now but…

Being a fan of this team since the mid 80s, I’m not sure I’ve seen a worse Pats team. The D is the only saving grace at this point.

Fellow old timers, please help me remember…was the **** Macpherson/Rod Rust era of the late 80s/early 90s this bad?

For me it’s a toss up between this season’s team and the pre Kraft era.
This isn't as bad. Players aren't intentionally exposing themselves to female reporters in the locker room.

F-ing better not. I can't live through that again.

That era was a case study in top/down organizational dysfunction
I won't go thru it again.

The Krafts are not Victor Kiam. I have faith in them. Orthwein was smart enough to bring on Parcells and make them legitimate. The Sullivans were bad, Kiam was worse. Orthwein was smart enough to make them a real NFL team again after he bought them, in order to build up excitement in St Louis before he moved them. Regardless, the Krafts will get to the right football people, even if they miss on the first GM/HC pairings.

I won't go thru it again.

The Krafts are not Victor Kiam. I have faith in them. Orthwein was smart enough to bring on Parcells and make them legitimate. The Sullivans were bad, Kiam was worse. Orthwein was smart enough to make them a real NFL team again after he bought them, in order to build up excitement in St Louis before he moved them. Regardless, the Krafts will get to the right football people, even if they miss on the first GM/HC pairings.
Thats what happens when teams have poor owners.

The Sullivans lost control of the stadium to Paul Fireman and were cash poor.

So they go off and sell a majority stake to Kiam and a minority stake to Fran Murray.

Then Kiam starts getting squeezed b/c Remington sales/stock go down and Fran Murray wants his money. Meanwhile he can't buy the stadium from Fireman b/c Fireman doesn't want to sell because he wants to land (Eddie Andelman also owned a racetrack close to Foxboro Stadium)

In some ways thank god for Orthwein for hiring Tuna but this team came a toenail's skin close to being the St Louis Stallions and THANK GOD Kraft buys the stadium out of bankruptcy so Orthwein couldn't move the team.

Crazy how all that crap happened over 5 years and there has been tranquility (from an ownership standpoint) for 30 years

Then Kiam starts getting squeezed b/c Remington sales/stock go down and Fran Murray wants his money. Meanwhile he can't buy the stadium from Fireman b/c Fireman doesn't want to sell because he wants to land (Eddie Andelman also owned a racetrack close to Foxboro Stadium)

stewie-wheres-my-money.gif

The 2000 team was the worst team I’ve seen since I started watching as a teenager in the mid 90’s.
Same here.. BBs coaching tenure in NE.. is ending like it started.. funny how things often come full circle.

the Kiam era was the darkest time I think....

but there were some players on those teams that I loved.....Grogan, Lippett, Tippett, Mosi

the saving grace is the 91, 92, 93 drafts were decent....even their top 2 in 90 weren't bad

if you look back at the 92 & 93 draft, the number of combined years in the league out of those two is a far cry from football today (not just the patriots drafts)

parcells had a good one in 94, an epic draft in 95 and another good one in 96......but those drafts from those lousy years helped

If we didn’t have a good D, we very well might be winless now. We would’ve lost to the Jets and I think we can all agree now that the Bills victory was an anomaly.
If we didn't have the defense that we do, and I didn't have the D that I have, all of our one score losses to Phily, Miami, Oakland, Indy, and Washington would look like the Dallas and New Orleans blowouts.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back