PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

R.I.P. Sam Cunningham

He was before my time, but I've watched highlights and he was a heck of a running back. RIP Sam.

Godspeed. My dad loved Sam Bam.

Last edited:
Damn its also sad seeing Stingley b4 the dirty hit changed his life. He was still a young man when it happened. To this day, no apology from the scumbag- who-wont-be-named.

that unnamed person is D-E-A-D...just sayin'

Since we are just sayin' about that individual, at least he did get a somewhat karmic ending. Not that anyone should suffer miserably on their way out of Dodge but if someone has to he at least had a bit of it coming. Still his suffering and its duration (it was multiple amputation bad) was less than he inflicted, hence the 'somewhat' karmic ending. Even Grogan, a gentleman's gentleman, when asked for a comment upon his passing said "I just can't do it" as he couldn't think of anything good to say.

Man, I love me some Steve Grogan.

There aren't many people on whom I wish slow, painful deaths...but Jack Tatum was one of them. **** him.

I started watching the Pats around the time he retired.

Sorry to hear and I never knew Randall Cunningham was his younger brother.

RIP, Sam "Bam" Cunningham.

Sam Bam was on the Patriot team I first watched in 1974 and what a great team that was. Thank you NFL for blacking out the Bills games or I'd have ended up cheering for the Wide Rights. Sam Bam and mini-Mack Herron running behind Leon Gray and John Hannah was a thing of beauty. I expect this year's running game reprise to bring us many reminders. Thank you Sam Bam, you were great to cheer for.

Like many others, I'm finding myself astounded to discover that Randall Cunningham was his younger brother. How was that not mentioned all the time?

Like many others, I'm finding myself astounded to discover that Randall Cunningham was his younger brother. How was that not mentioned all the time?
It was pretty much common knowledge when Randall first came to the Eagles. Randall obviously made a name for himself and is among the best ever to play the game. The 13-year age difference contributes as well, along with the ever-present national anti-Patriots agenda. There are really more feel-good stories about the Patriots in our history, but they are the least publicized/featured in the media. People this century falsely believe all the enmity at us originated in some way this century. It goes back to 1970. At least.

Either I forgot or did not know that Sam and Randall were brothers. Cunningham was on some pretty good teams that featured Plunkett, Vataha, Gray, Hannah, Herron, Stingley, Andy Johnson, Steve Nelson etc. Chuck Fairbanks was the coach from '73 to '79 ( 46W's and 39L's)..

Here's a pic of Sam Bam with the Stinger and our own Andy Johnson....dyam I loved these guys...

DdXAluMU0AAOS-g
I drove down to Bryant where we sat with a handful of fans under the shade trees during a practice break where they were happy to shoot the breeze and sign a football. There was a sense of good times on the horizon.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back