PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Quick Patriot question: why no "C" on uniform for team captains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guts

Akatsuki
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a quick question why do the Patriots decide not to display the C for Captain on their jerseys? I'm pretty sure it has been answered already but I see every other team have the players with a C on their captains jerseys.

re: Quick Patriot question: why no "C" on uniform for team captains?

Hey guys I have a quick question why do the Patriots decide not to display the C for Captain on their jerseys? I'm pretty sure it has been answered already but I see every other team have the players with a C on their captains jerseys.

Belichick bits: Pats dial it back today - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Later, when asked why the Patriots don't wear captains patches, Belichick tossed a little zinger at the NFL. "I guess that's another one of the new traditions in the league. I've seen a lot of football games, there has been football for a long time, and there have been captains with no patches and it seemed like everything was fine. I guess that's another one of our improvements, with the new overtime rules and all that."

Man, I'm really gonna miss it when BB is gone and the Cambrian era starts.

Damn, Belichick is so awesome. He's the greatest troll in the history of sports, and a damn good coach on top of it :)

He's unpopular outside of NE fandom. But it has much to do with the ultra-feelings world we live in, where people need to worry more about self-esteem than results.

I love results. BB gets results. I don't care about people's feelings. Let's win. Hang up some points on Gibbs. Go for the TD instead of the FG on 4th down when we're up big. Let's not tell the media who is hurting where. Win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back