PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Question about Jimmy G

Status
Not open for further replies.
And don't forget...

0712599001432931560_filepicker.jpg

...he's dreamy. LOL

Ha! Imagine....Tom retires only to be replaced by Jimmy G who marries some foreign model and lights up the NFL....

Opposing fans/haters would be PSYCHED! :D

On the flip side: if you are BB and going to retire in (say for ex) 3 years; would you hold onto a sure franchise qb for the NEXT COACH and a TRAITOROUS BACK-STABBING OWNER; or would you trade him and GO ALL IN on winning one or two more rings so you can go out with both your middle fingers up in the air laden with diamond junk flipping off Go-to-hell all the way to Canton?

Given that there's even odds, if not better, that the NEXT COACH is already here in Foxboro. . . .

Given that there's even odds, if not better, that the NEXT COACH is already here in Foxboro. . . .
Yeah, his name is Bill. I don't think he's going anywhere for awhile. Football is what he does and there isn't a better gig.

Yeah, Bill is going to be a around for a number of years more, if I had to guess. Although he doesn't come off as the friendliest guy in front of the media, he truly loves the game of football and wouldn't rather be doing anything else .... As for Garo, I really hope he sticks around because I think he can be a very special player.

Yeah, his name is Bill. I don't think he's going anywhere for awhile. Football is what he does and there isn't a better gig.

Even when BB retires, I suspect his replacement will be an internal one.

Either that or they'll hire Mike Vrabel. ;)

No such thing as not for sale.

Let's assume Jimmy G looks like a franchise QB. a young franchise QB is worth no less than 2 first round picks.

I might consider it for a high 2016 2nd (cause no point trading for a 1st) a 1st in 2017 and a 1st in 2018.

Anything less is off the table.

The problem is these players might not be able to help Brady win in his final years cause it might be too late. So you are possibly trading one future for another and why walk away form the future which has produced on the field results for picks that might or might not work out?

If the Pats were to consider trading Garo I'd like to see them publicly announce that the Rats bid must be a minimum of three #1 picks and one #4 pick higher than competing bids to make up for the picks that were either stolen or denied through slap on the wrist punishments, that previous Rat interns and front office types caused the Pats to not receive.

Even when BB retires, I suspect his replacement will be an internal one.

Either that or they'll hire Mike Vrabel. ;)
As of right now JMD is coach in waiting.

I wouldn't expect JG to be trade bait this time, as it's a totally different situation than Matt Cassel and 2008. Brady is much older now, and even though he may (hopefully) play another few years, it would be dumb to pass up a proven QB who has youth on his side and a knack for picking up our system.

If JG succeeds in his opportunity, he'll most likely be kept as the next QB in waiting--a la Favre to Rodgers style.

In one side I think it would be interesting to watch Garop play a couple games, even 4, on the other, since this is not due to a minor injury or any other problem, since this is result of a fraud, I would postpone that experiment, I wanna see Brady playing 16 regular season games and demolishing records, I know this is not important in Foxboro but this time I really care about stats, I wanna see Brady setting the world on fire.

I know Peyton has nothing to do with this and I never had any problem with him, but I expected a little more from him this time, two face Peyton, fu.ck him too, I hope Brady destroy his regular season records again.

If BB thinks that Garoppolo is the real deal then I think it would be stupid to trade him. We've seen how hard it can be to find a QB. Just look at the rest of our division who have searched for one for decades in some cases. TB is at the age that he could be gone very quickly(injuries or whatever). If this was 10 years ago then put out the bait and get the fish you can with Jimmy G. But not with a 38 year old starter, even if he is the GOAT(he is), and with 3 more years on the rookie contract.

Quiz: Who was his favorite NFL player while in college?

Hopefully he is our version of Steve Young who took over from Joe Montana.

Hopefully he is our version of Steve Young who took over from Joe Montana.

So funny that you would mention Steve Young, because he really reminds me of him a lot, I watched Jimmy at Eastern Illinois and he is an exciting guy to see perform out on the field. I have super high hopes for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down