Question about James White..

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I assume he is in Miami with his family after that horrific tragedy.

I have no idea what arrangements are being made or the condition of his mother.

No disrespect for #28, his family and the grieving process, but when he returns he will probably have to quarantine before he can come in contact with the players/team. Does that sound right???

No disrespect for #28, his family and the grieving process, but when he returns he will probably have to quarantine before he can come in contact with the players/team. Does that sound right???
I’d certainly hope not with the access they have to tests which produce results within 24 hours or so.

• Quarantine for 14 days or produce a negative COVID-19 test result that has been administered up to 72-hours prior to your arrival in Massachusetts.

Sports players live on the next level of life than we do... I'd be surprised if he has to quarantine.

I'd assume something similar to what Hayward did returning to the Celts. A few days of negative tests.

I also assume he's missing this week before returning.

If he would quarantine from returning from Miami, wouldn't the whole team have to after coming back from Seattle? Or every away game? (The answer has to be no, the league would be unworkable)

If he would quarantine from returning from Miami, wouldn't the whole team have to after coming back from Seattle? Or every away game? (The answer has to be no, the league would be unworkable)

The whole team was not spending time with friends and relatives, probably not all whom were tested.. so it is a completely different scenario...

No, because the team only comes in contact with other players, with both sides being in a 'bubble'.

No, because the team only comes in contact with other players, with both sides being in a 'bubble'.

Did they negotiate that with the state government of Massachusetts? That's where I thought the testing and quarantine rules came from. (I'm visiting next month and those where the current State rules.

Did they negotiate that with the state government of Massachusetts? That's where I thought the testing and quarantine rules came from. (I'm visiting next month and those where the current State rules.
The NFL has their own protocols. That's not to say they could ignore the MA rules, but I'm pretty sure they're aligned. But as to the team, they're all residing in MA, they're all being tested with extreme frequency, and they're all existing in a bubble where they don't come in contact with people from outside the bubble without having to then follow the protocols.

yeah, I am pretty sure the nfl is more stringent than Mass. Mass is not taking you to a designated hotel for you to stay for 3 days like in some foreign countries. He will be tested before he boards the flight and within hours of landing. 2 days after his return he will be back on the field and he will have the game plan on his computer at home.

I’d certainly hope not with the access they have to tests which produce results within 24 hours or so.
You would think but this is the same NFL that's fining crazy amounts to coaches not wearing masks on the sidelines because of the 'optics'. Lets hope he can do 2-3 days of testing and come back.

When we came up to the Cape from DC this summer, we followed all of MA rules to the letter, and nobody showed the slightest interest, even our rental hosts. We filled out the online forms, got the testing 2 days before (with results showing up as we crossed into RI), took our temperature regularly. We did get a thank you email from the Governor for filling out the form, so I guess that's something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back