PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PUNTER BATTLE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I do agree there's room for improvement, Allen has been pretty good at pinning opponents. Look at performance in last years AFC game, forcing the Jaguars to start three drives at their 10 or worse, and another at the 16. They only scored a field goal off the drive started at the 9. That field position was key to the comeback.

Now, due to Allen's expiring contract and (relatively) pricey salary, it would not surprise me at all if Bojorquez stuck around. At the very least, his name is more fun to type. ;)

True. His name is Tony Garcia.

He's already off the roster.

After Garcia and King were waived and the 9 UDFAs were signed, the roster was full at 90 (my count agrees with Miguel's).

So, if Bojorquez is signed, that means someone else is going away.

While I do agree there's room for improvement, Allen has been pretty good at pinning opponents. Look at performance in last years AFC game, forcing the Jaguars to start three drives at their 10 or worse, and another at the 16. They only scored a field goal off the drive started at the 9. That field position was key to the comeback.

Now, due to Allen's expiring contract and (relatively) pricey salary, it would not surprise me at all if Bojorquez stuck around. At the very least, his name is more fun to type. ;)

Definitely agree about Allen's situational effectiveness. IDK about "relatively pricey".

Allen's salary is $1.3M and he gets another $200k in weekly roster bonuses ($1.5M cash). The pro-rata portion of his signing bonus brings his cap hit up to $2M.

In terms of cap hit, Allen is the 12th highest-paid punter in the league, tied with Lechler.

In terms of 2018 cash paid out, there are 15 punters making more than Allen in 2018.

Bojorquez may be mostly insurance in case contract negotiations with Allen go south.

And, yes, his name is more "fun" to type. Not nearly as much fun as O'Schnikelmessy, though.

He's already off the roster.

After Garcia and King were waived and the 9 UDFAs were signed, the roster was full at 90 (my count agrees with Miguel's).

So, if Bojorquez is signed, that means someone else is going away.

The UCLA receiver, Darren Andrews, is gone.

UDFA WR Darren Andrews was Waived/NFI. He's the guy who's still recovering from a November ACL tear. If he's not claimed, he reverts to the NFI reserve list, AFAIK.

This new punter Bojorquez will compete with Allen just the way Allen did with Mesko. After that preseason, many people thought that Mesko and Allen were about even in ability, with Mesko maybe slightly better. If the new guy is comparable to Allen, it wouldn't surprise me if BB made a switch.

We are having a receiver competition; we need punters to punt to them.

But, yes, Allen is in contract year, and belichick would like to have a punter signed for the next 3 years. There is NOTHING wrong with Allen's performacne.

This.

If BB can get a punter that is 95% of Allen for 20% the cost he's gonna take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back