PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

pros and cons to upcoming call with Brissett

Status
Not open for further replies.

long distance

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Here's Reiss' rundown of a tricky roster decision looming (probably last this season):
Weighing pros and cons to Patriots' upcoming call with QB Jacoby Brissett

Deadline is tomorrow 4PM.

Id prefer he stays on IR and loses a month of practice. He can still be a part of post-season experience. He even travelled with the team before “designation“ period (remember @Bills)

Reiss suggests Richards to IR or Coleman Waived. That would actually be the other best case scenario. Pats still do have 12 DB which is now really excessive. They could lose Coleman on waivers but he might not be in their future plans anyway.

The least used member of the 53 is Waddle but Id be surprised if they pushed their luck at such a vital position, esp. since Fleming has lots of TE duties.

Id really hate if they tried anything with Foster or Hamilton at this point. Like Reiss notes “there is a high likelihood they could lose him because this is the time of year when teams often are more willing to make a waiver claim with a young promising prospect with 2017 in mind“ - and Id hate this to happen with any of them.

The worst case scenario of course would be the news that Danny is put on IR.

Big Bisquick fan, but I'd keep the roster spot for an "unexpected" need arising after 2 division games. Jacoby won't suffer missing the next several weeks, most of them unavailable to developing players after 1 Jan on most NYJFL teams.

With the signing of Floyd who is familiar with the system having played for Weis at Notre Dame. And the emergence of Mitchell, it could still work out in our favor. I read somewhere I don't remember where, that Floyd already knows about 75% of the verbiage in our system having played for Weis. If this is true, and I will try and support my statement with a link, this could be very good for us in the post season.

Here's Reiss' rundown of a tricky roster decision looming (probably last this season):
Weighing pros and cons to Patriots' upcoming call with QB Jacoby Brissett

Deadline is tomorrow 4PM.

Id prefer he stays on IR and loses a month of practice. He can still be a part of post-season experience. He even travelled with the team before “designation“ period (remember @Bills)

Reiss suggests Richards to IR or Coleman Waived. That would actually be the other best case scenario. Pats still do have 12 DB which is now really excessive. They could lose Coleman on waivers but he might not be in their future plans anyway.

The least used member of the 53 is Waddle but Id be surprised if they pushed their luck at such a vital position, esp. since Fleming has lots of TE duties.

Id really hate if they tried anything with Foster or Hamilton at this point. Like Reiss notes “there is a high likelihood they could lose him because this is the time of year when teams often are more willing to make a waiver claim with a young promising prospect with 2017 in mind“ - and Id hate this to happen with any of them.

The worst case scenario of course would be the news that Danny is put on IR.
Coleman was active last week.

Big Bisquick fan, but I'd keep the roster spot for an "unexpected" need arising after 2 division games. Jacoby won't suffer missing the next several weeks, most of them unavailable to developing players after 1 Jan on most NYJFL teams.
good points.
If you activate him now he is active for good.

Coleman was active last week.

Just barely. No snaps on D. 6 on ST they can live without. First time that he was active and had no snaps on D - more importantly, first time J Jones got snaps ahead of him.

Big Bisquick fan

61297.jpg

Me too. FYI you spelled "brisket" wrong. :)

IR Richards and be done with it.

There are players on the roster than can give you more than what Richards can.

Depending on how severe that knee injury is I guess this might be the best course. Sign some SS for the practice squad that can be activated in an emergency situation and move on.

Depending on how severe that knee injury is I guess this might be the best course. Sign some SS for the practice squad that can be activated in an emergency situation and move on.

Knee is probably not too bad since he was warming up-testing it on the field in Denver. But he doesn't play on D this year and ST is doing ok without him.

For emergency they have King and especially Ebner who outplayed him in every respect this year and even saw some snaps on D.

Yep.

Harmon, Ebner, King can back up someone if worst comes to worst.

Knee is probably not too bad since he was warming up-testing it on the field in Denver. But he doesn't play on D this year and ST is doing ok without him.

For emergency they have King and especially Ebner who outplayed him in every respect this year and even saw some snaps on D.

I love King's size and athleticism. I recall him being out there for a bit last year and he did ok.

With that said hes not playing over Chung.

Yeah good point about Ebner taking snaps as safety in emergency situations.

And isn't “organized chaos“ what Matt's preparing for playoff D (with glimpses already showing) ..?
-

Can't activate Trey as we designated Jacoby as the possibility

And the option to activate someone else is gone.

Who knows, maybe Trey Jackson suddenly needs to be activated, for example. If Brady and Jimmy get injured, we are not winning the Supetbowl with Brissett.
Jacksons time has come and gone though. Brissett is the only designate to return guy we have.
But if we need the roster spot we would have to cut him not IR him if we lose this window.

Just barely. No snaps on D. 6 on ST they can live without. First time that he was active and had no snaps on D - more importantly, first time J Jones got snaps ahead of him.
Sure but he was active.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft