PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Program alert: Pats vs. Giants 2007 (regular season game) on NFLN now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish that game or rather opponent never happened. Gave them a chance to get good film and intel of their guys vs ours. Dont think Coughlin comes up with the game plan for the super bowl without that game.

The same could be said for the Rams Patriots regular season game in 01. Bills Giants in during the 90 season too. There's definitely an advantage to playing a familiar foe in the SB.

Too bad. You guys missed a wonderful replay of the Patriots beating New York to cap an undefeated regular season, complete with Brady-to-Moss record-setting heroics.

Ahh admittedly I saw the title and completely missed the regular season note

The regular season match was a great game, I was in DC for New Years with a group of friends watching it at a sports bar, was a lot of fun. Not many fans of the patriots in that bar, especially given that it was fresh off spygate, but no one gave us a hard time while we were drunkenly celebrating

Wish that game or rather opponent never happened. Gave them a chance to get good film and intel of their guys vs ours. Dont think Coughlin comes up with the game plan for the super bowl without that game.
I would doubt that Coughlin had much, if anything, to say about the defensive game plan in the Super Bowl. And the Giants were going to do that regardless. That’s what got them to the dance. They had set a record against Philly for sacks in a game earlier that season. The Patriots, meanwhile, had a QB on a gimpy ankle and lost their star guard in the course of the game. They really could not have drawn a worse opponent in that game.

I attended both that regular-season game and the ensuing Super Bowl. I recall that Giants roster being very big, strong and powerful but kind of slow overall on both sides of the ball. It was kind of like beating your head against a brick wall, especially vs. their defensive front seven.

He was unreal in the final moments of the Super Bowl too. If only Brady was able to get that ball just a little further so Moss didn't have to slow down. At the very least they're in field goal range if Moss doesn't get the TD.
Wasn't Brady's fault. Moss simply didn't want it enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes