PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pretty good article about J.C. Jackson

Good people don't repeatedly rob people at gunpoint. And plenty of people grow up in the "hood" and don't resort to crime. Most, actually. The fact that you think this sort of mentality is reflective of poor black America is disturbing. It's thug culture, not hood culture. Two very different things. JC decided to become a lowlife criminal Nobody else is responsible but him. Plenty of poor youth do the right thing and they don't need the lure of NFL millions to stop victimizing people.

If you don't care that he did these things that's your right. But please stop making excuses for him.
NOW I know that you are full of SH!T and are just here to pull everyone's chain. You purposely disregard the jury took just 2 hours to ACQUIT him. They didn't do that because they were being nice. It was because there was CLEAR evidence that Jackson wasn't involved with the robbers. If it was anything less than clear evidence then this story would have had an entirely different take, that of another young athlete who took the wrong road and squandered his gifts.

As to the other two "brushes with the law", he was in a car where "OMG" pot was being smoked. Good thing that isn't a capital crime, because it it was half the country would be either executed or serving life. And he was in a car that got shot at. Sure the law was involved, but evidently you are too stupid to understand the difference between being a criminal and a victim.

So unless you are willing to look at this story with some intelligence, why don't you crawl back into the hole you climbed out of.

Not that weird. The CB/WR draft evals were broken since 2004 after mcd/caserio changed them. Findable on Google
You REALLY just make it up as you go along, don't you. I'll give you this, brother, you have one hell of a fertile imagination

You REALLY just make it up as you go along, don't you. I'll give you this, brother, you have one hell of a fertile imagination

I like your opinions a lot. But it's unquestionable the WR/CB high draft picks have SUCKED for a long long time. Do you really want to go through each one.

If he leaves after this year, doesn’t last years signings offset that comp pick?
Comp picks for 2022 are determined by players gained/lost in 2021. Jackson would impact picks in 2023.

They’d get a 3rd round come pick unless they sign a guy with comparable contract.

Not true. If they sign more qualifying players than they lose (as they did this year), they get no comp picks. This is true regardless of the contracts. Three players just above the minimum can cancel out two players worthy of third-rounders.

Seriously? Many NFL players aren't saints. He seemed like someone who had a tough upbringing who could have easily gone the wrong way. Instead he worked hard and responded to the discipline of BB and team. I read that article and felt good that he was able to overcome his background and youthful mistakes to become the Patriots #1 cornerback in 2021. He has said that he wants to return to the Pats, I hope that he and the team can work it out.
Do you think Kraft would be willing to sign him to a new big money contract after what happened with Hernandez? Im not saying Jackson is capable of murder, but there is some symmetry here. Both came from a troubled past that included hanging with bad people doing criminal (or fringes of) activities.
If my memory serves me correct, Kraft had to be convinced Hernandez had turned his life around before agreeing to giving him big money. It will be interesting to see what Kraft does if BB wants to keep him. If i had to guess, kraft will say no, I have been down this road before, and im not getting burned again.
Am i off base here? Is there no comparison to make? If they are similar would Kraft not take the history of Hernandez into account?
Actually, thinking about it, I wonder how much convincing it took for Kraft to sign off on bringing him here in the first place?

Just remember, RLKAG

It's okayyyyyy. It's like I used to say about a former president in the 1990s, I don't want him at my Barbeque, I just think he's good at his job, I have no way to judge celebrity redemption stories. Part of me likes seeing a guy who definitely has done a bad thing and got caught red handed -- so therefore, I figure is "worse" than me -- doing something that pleases me, to wit, playing good football for a team I like. But it's not like he devoted his life to the poor and wears sackcloth or anything. He is, all and all, a cornerback. We will look upon his likes again.

I’ve thought now, for some time, that JC Jack$$$on is moving on…. I think someone will open the vault. The only question : will BB franchise ? If so, does he play the year or get traded ?

I agree. This is a very good article. It doesn't sugarcoat but nor does it stereotype a young kid (labelling him a "thug POS" on just the evidence of that article makes me sick).

Growing up and finding your path is difficult enough for anyone -- I can't imagine how much harder it must be in a high-crime, high-poverty area like that where J.C. grew up.

I hope that he's sorted himself out for good and wish him the best wherever his career takes him (provided it's not to the green swamp in New Jersey).

I’ve thought now, for some time, that JC Jack$$$on is moving on…. I think someone will open the vault. The only question : will BB franchise ? If so, does he play the year or get traded ?
I'm convinced they will franchise him/listen to offers.

I would be very surprised if he signed a long-term deal here.

I'm convinced they will franchise him/listen to offers.

I would be very surprised if he signed a long-term deal here.
I’d go with (1) I think they’ll franchise him and (2) as you stated, I’d be surprised if JC signs long term.

Do you think Kraft would be willing to sign him to a new big money contract after what happened with Hernandez? Im not saying Jackson is capable of murder, but there is some symmetry here. Both came from a troubled past that included hanging with bad people doing criminal (or fringes of) activities.
If my memory serves me correct, Kraft had to be convinced Hernandez had turned his life around before agreeing to giving him big money. It will be interesting to see what Kraft does if BB wants to keep him. If i had to guess, kraft will say no, I have been down this road before, and im not getting burned again.
Am i off base here? Is there no comparison to make? If they are similar would Kraft not take the history of Hernandez into account?
Actually, thinking about it, I wonder how much convincing it took for Kraft to sign off on bringing him here in the first place?
Sorry, that comment was directed at the troll as an example of a player who did not learn from his mistakes. I think that the Pat's have learned from their mistakes from the era where they took chances on high talent players with character concerns. Brandon Spikes and Chad Jackson are other Florida players who continued to have issues in the NFL. Thanks Urban. Clearly, the AH situation will work against any player who has a checkered past. The big mistake for the team was giving him the second contract when they new he was still a bad actor.

Based on all of the good information provided by other posters, Jackson's issues are not anywhere near the level of AH. His teammates seem to like him and there have been no character related issues that I am aware of. Similar to Malcom Butler, undrafted players should look to make their money on their second contract. Whether he re-signs is going to come down to what other teams offer, including guaranteed money. Regardless, I do like a good redemption story and hope that JC is successful as a player and a person.

Youth has nothing to do with it. Everyone knows well before they reach teenhood that robbing people at gunpoint is wrong. He's just a dirtbag. But I fully expected this type of response. If he's on another team, Tyreke Hill, for example people call him out for what he is. If he is on your team a large part of the fanbase will make excuses, rationalize and justify. It's one of the more gross aspects of NFL fandom. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I just don't like the guy knowing what I know now. People are obviously free to disagree.
Where did anything say he had a gun, robbed people at gunpoint?

what it says is he was one of three guys who went to an apartment, he later left, and after he left the other two guys pulled a gun and committed the robbery.

Jury found he was not an accomplice. What makes you think you know more about it than the jury? what makes you so sure he wasn’t just a patsy duped by the perps?

You’re way off base here.

Just remember, RLKAG

It's okayyyyyy. It's like I used to say about a former president in the 1990s, I don't want him at my Barbeque, I just think he's good at his job, I have no way to judge celebrity redemption stories. Part of me likes seeing a guy who definitely has done a bad thing and got caught red handed -- so therefore, I figure is "worse" than me -- doing something that pleases me, to wit, playing good football for a team I like. But it's not like he devoted his life to the poor and wears sackcloth or anything. He is, all and all, a cornerback. We will look upon his likes again.
I'm just wondering how you equate "caught redhanded" with ACQUITTED! I also taught some reading classes over the years and I see a definite reading comprehension issue that was brought out by your post. If he had been caught "red handed" then he'd still be in jail right now, NOT on the Pats. I'd be happy to sit down with you (at your barbecue would be nice) and work on this with you. We'll have your comprehension skills vastly improved in no time. ;)

These are two entirely DIFFERENT stories. Hernandez maintained his gang ties all through his short career. Jackson severed his ties when he went to California for junior college. That was seven years ago. Just sayin'

Almost none, since they could easily cut him.

I'm just wondering how you equate "caught redhanded" with ACQUITTED! I also taught some reading classes over the years and I see a definite reading comprehension issue that was brought out by your post. If he had been caught "red handed" then he'd still be in jail right now, NOT on the Pats. I'd be happy to sit down with you (at your barbecue would be nice) and work on this with you. We'll have your comprehension skills vastly improved in no time. ;)
wow wow wow Ken. I'll go back to the story., only because no matter how much of a douche you're being right now, ;), it's definitely douchy to say he did it b/c he was accused, especially given how often the actually convicted criminals didn't do it.

My point was more that I don't care. He didn't kill anybody. He plays football. He's good at that. That's why I watch him.

So all that said, it's a feat on Jackson, and Jackson's tough road to get out of that town you either get out of or dont, and all that jazz, and in the lede or close to it, he's accused, then you hear how the cops charge him with x, y, and z, and then, realllllly far down, it took 2 hours to acquit.

The set-up at that point is "ok somehow he got back into circulation and now he done good." If they wanted me properly singing his praises, they should have said at the top he was at the scene but left it before the robbery.

Not guilty of anything but hanging with the wrong crowd, I suppose. Still don't care. Still watch him to see him play football.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back