PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Prediction of Reason to Vacate almost dead on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats2000

In the Starting Line-Up
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
So lot's of back and forth here and everywhere else about what will happen to Brady. Here's my prediction based on what I've read and my interpretation of the law (disclaimer - I'm not a lawyer):

Judge Berman will craft his decision on two counts:

1. Lack of notice - He will cite that the CBA has specific language regarding equipment violations and that trumps the vague language of Paragraph 46. That there was no notice in advance that Brady could be suspended for an equipment violation. He may also cite the cell phone issue as lack of notice, since Wells stated as such in the appeal hearing.

2. Massive procedural violations - He will cite Brady not getting a fair shake and fair access to information that the NFL had. I.E. being able to interview Pash, reviewing the Wells report notes, and Goodell moving the yardstick during the appeal.

Finally, I think he will offer up as his own personal thoughts a scathing rebuke about the NFL, wasting the courts time and their internal processes not being held to a particularly high standard of integrity.

That may be me just being a homer, but after looking over both court sessions, the documents submitted by the NFL and NFLPA and the specific reasons upon which an arbitration award can be vacated, I'm seeing 3 of the 4 reasons covered in the argument the NFLPA put forth to vacate.

Everyone who is citing this one case, Gavin or whatever, is missing the fact that procedure was followed, even though the arbitrator came to a ludicrous decision. Procedure was thrown out the door here. Think of it this way, the arbitration award still has to meet the standards of law. People saying Paragraph 46 gives Goodell free reign to do whatever he wants under integrity of the game are being somewhat ******ed. That's like saying Goodell can order Brady executed by firing squad for an integrity violation and, hey too bad, Brady agreed to it in the CBA.

This was my above prediction, the judge literally vacated on every ground I stated. The only thing that didn't happen was the scathing rebuke :( that makes me a little sad. But glad Brady won and will be tearing up the league with a fairly insane offense this year.

Didn't Berman say something like Goodell's "own brand of industrial justice" or something to that effect? Sounds pretty scathing to me. :)

Yeah, you know, you're right. So dead on then :). I just didn't recognize that because that's part of the language in the 4 reasons to vacate

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back