PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Predict the Score Contest, Week 4 NE @ KC

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamo

praedica numerum!
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Post your predictions here for Week 4, New England Patriots at Kansas City Chiefs.

This contest is open to everyone, it's both a weekly and a season-long contest. Stakes are bragging rights.

Each week I will tabulate and post the scores for the previous week's contest, as well as the cumulative season standings for those who have played every week. As a one-time allowance for computer problems, forgetfulness, or whatever, one week can be missed and will be assigned that week's average score.

Scoring:
Your score is the COMBINED deviation of your predicted score for the Pats and opponents REGARDLESS OF DIRECTION. For example, if you predict Patriots 27 Chiefs 17 your score is how many points off of 27 the Pats are (over or under does not matter) PLUS how many points off of 17 the Chiefs are (over or under again does not matter). Game winner does not matter. Lowest score wins.

You may change your prediction at any time before kickoff, either by editing your original post or by adding a new one. Predictions made in other threads don't count unless they were clearly meant for this contest but were posted elsewhere by mistake. Please keep this thread to predictions only, no back-and-forth discussion of the game. A short comment explaining your pick is OK.

Good luck!

Weekly winners: (click week to see full results)
Week 3 OAK: PatriotsinGA and Poker
Week 2 @MIN: jays52
Week 1 @MIA: Jimke

Last edited:
20-14 Chiefs.

I would love to be wrong but nothing about our OL and our offense as a whole gives me confidence in the team's ability to go into a hostile environment, where MNF has not come to town for a couple of years, against a good defense and win the game. That said, every time I've predicted the team to lose, they've come out and looked like world beaters. So maybe this is just a bit of reverse karma.

Patriots - 23
Chiefs - 13

People are overrating the Chiefs' defense this week. They aren't that good. They let Jake Locker throw for 266 yards, 2 TDs, and 0 INTs while the Titans got 162 yards on the ground. And Alex Smith played like crap the first two games (although he was good vs. Miami with limited throws). I expect the Pats to win this game on defense. They will make stops and turn over the ball and put the offense in good field position.

Pats 20
KC 17

Pats 23 Chiefs 16

Pats 31
Chiefs 13

Pats 24-16

I believe in the defense, and think that the Pats rack up 24 thanks to great field position from turnovers.

The offensive line is once again offensive and its a good thing the defense is playing lights out.

Pats 16
Chiefs 10

Patriots 30
K.C. 20

Patriots 23
Chiefs 22

Patriots 21
Chiefs 17

Sacks: Chiefs 4, Patriots 3
Turnovers: Patriots 0, Chiefs 4

Pats 24 - Chiefs 14

EDIT- Yeah, i'm having a change of heart

Pats 17 - Chiefs 20

I don't think we can hande their OL

Last edited:
Pats 23
Chiefs 21

Surprised to see Chiefs as home underdogs, and head thinks KC wins, but the heart goes with NE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes