PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre Super Bowl Thread- On to the Rams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone please convince me that the Pats matchup better against the Rams than the Saints because I’m trying to get the worry that the league ended up ****ing us by screwing the Saints out of a win out of my head. Brees over the past 6 weeks looks like he hit the cliff and I don’t think their defense is that good right? The Rams meanwhile feel a lot tougher.

Someone please convince me that the Pats matchup better against the Rams than the Saints because I’m trying to get the worry that the league ended up ****ing us by screwing the Saints out of a win out of my head. Brees over the past 6 weeks looks like he hit the cliff and I don’t think their defense is that good right? The Rams meanwhile feel a lot tougher.
It’ll be harder to score because they have a better defense. They got that douche talib and Suh and Aaron Donald

Actually everyone is acknowledging the Saints got screwed so it won't look good for the NFL if the Rams win the SB. I wouldn't worry about it, it is what it is. I can tell you BB doesn't give a f*ck, he's onto scheming against the rams.

I feel this is a good matchup for us.
Their biggest weapon Gurley has been pedestrian we have been alot better stopping the run.
Belichick will know how to neutralize Cooks so then you have Robert Woods JC or Gilmore on Woods Jones to start the game on Cooks.
That means Reynolds needs to hurt us not overly concerned about that.
Goff is good but he's not Mahommes.
Their D is better than Kansas City and Wade Phillips has had success against Brady Donald can collapse the middle.
As long as we can keep the dogs off of Brady we should win this game.
We know Talib very well we know his strengths and weaknesses.
Peters is a gambler and can be beat as well as he is good for a few penalties.

Hopefully the Pats get the calls. Won’t be a good look if the Rams Win now

• Agree
Reactions: ALP
It's the same predicament that Steve DeOssie found himself in when his son was playing for the Giants. Steve took a lot of heat for publicly rooting for his son, but I would do the same thing if my son was a player.
This is not why he took heat. This is lie the media tried to use to protect one of their own. he trash talked Patriots fans.

In all honesty after reflecting on this win, I'd rather have faced New Orleans. The Rams defense has shutdown the Rams and Cowboy running game and has as deep a secondary as we have. They have a disruptive monster in Aaron Donald who can pressure up the middle, that douchebag Suh, Ebukam, and Brockers. Strong O-line and a plethora of weapons, 2 solid TE's, Gurley, Anderson, and old friend Brandin Cooks.

Since their loss to Dallas the Saints haven't been the same and only have 3 threats on offense. Micheal Thomas, Alvin Kamara, and Mark Ingram. None of their other guys inspired much fear.

How is Goff against the blitz?
I remember the first time we played Goff when he was not very good. BB said Goff doesnt like people in his face. He looks at the rush. Granted he is a lot better 2 years later. But I bet we see more zero coverage blitz's on 3rd down. If we shut down the run. I really like our chances. Rams O is not as good as KC's.

I remember the first time we played Goff when he was not very good. BB said Goff doesnt like people in his face. He looks at the rush. Granted he is a lot better 2 years later. But I bet we see more zero coverage blitz's on 3rd down. If we shut down the run. I really like our chances. Rams O is not as good as KC's.

Goff's bad tendency is to look right at the rush rather than keeping his eyes on his target and following through- not the kind to sacrifice his body for sake of an accurate pass.

It makes sense that they were going at Berry late in the game. He almost doubled his snap count for the season, with 99 defensive snaps coming into this game and another 97 last night alone.

Good grief. The Rams have Donald, Suh, AND Brockers at DT? That's insane. Michel and James White are going to need to have a huge games to keep those guys honest. I expect an all out slug fest in the Super Bowl. Won't be surprised if the score is 20-17 like the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST