PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-draft randomness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

everlong

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
1. I think I'm in the vast minority but I hope TB wins a SB and then BB wins another. With that their both the undisputed GOATs and we pass the Steelers making their fanbase meltdown. Sevenboro > Sixburg, b!tches.

2. Part of me would like to see a TB vs NE SB simply because most of the nation would lose it. That would have to be epically worse for most fanbases. I think most would root for the Bucs in the end because there's more venom for BB and most franchises don't want a Patriots 7th. The other part of me doesn't think I'd enjoy the game either with somewhat conflicted loyalties.

3. The media made a good point the other day, for once, saying that Joe Thuney is probably quite content playing one year under the franchise tag and waiting until next year to get a big long term deal when the cap will go up quite a bit after all the TV deals are re-done. If he isn't traded at the draft and you're the Patriots are probably on the hook for the high cap number and they won't re-tag him next year at 20% more.

4. With this being such a deep draft hopefully Tua and/or Herbert drop and the Pats can trade back and pick up more picks to fill in the roster. I think Bill is more commited to Stidham than people think. That doesn't mean he wouldn't use a 2nd or 3rd on sombody like Eason but I don't think Tua or Herbert are can't miss prospects.

5. If I'm Miami at 5, 18 and 26 I'd try to trade down from 5 if both Tua and Herbert are still there and hope the other slides to 18.

6. I hope the NFL is smart enough for the ratings to never have NE and TB in the same timeslot and that we get all the TB games and they stop the nonsense of giving us the Giants for the NFC games.

7. If the Pats can trade Thuney I wonder what they'll be able to get for him. I don't think anybody is giving up a first for a guard unless they're the second coming of Larry Allen. He grew up in Ohio and went to college at NC State. Panthers, Browns and Bengals at the top of the second would be nice.

8. I wonder if the Patriots will have a lot more 1PM games this year and a lot less night games. I honestly like the 4:20 slot the best. I get stuff done all day, DRV the game starting an hour late and still catch up by the end getting to bypass halftime completely. I HATE the night games. I'm a zombie the next day not being able to relax and get to sleep after.

9. In the Tom vs Bill debate is anybody else finding as a generalization that coaches all want to say it's Tom and players Bill if they take a side? It hasn't just been Rex saying it's Tom from that side and a lot of players want to defend their legacies as well claiming if they only had Bill. I don't think most of them could have done it Bill's way for 20 years.

10. Personally I'm not blaming Tom or Bill. Sometimes a relationship just burns out. I worked for a really demanding boss who really took care of the people who got things done. Eventually it burnt me out even though nothing had really changed. The scenary needed to change for me though.

*Thuney will go for third, anything higher is amazing.
*I hope nothing but the best for Brady, in his life. I wish zero professional success for any player / coach outside of NE.
*1pm slot is 2pm here... hoping for those. I suspect Tampa will be flexing to crazy times all season.
*cheering for NE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back