PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Potential RFA Target: DL Sammie Lee Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.

patman52

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Sammie Lee Hill, 6-4 325 with a 4th rd Tender. He is #4 on their depth chart and they are cap strapped. Just a wild guess but i think something like 2 years and 5 mill total will be enough to pry him loose. He has not made any money yet and being 4th on the depth chart is not a great way to go into FA next year.

Sammie Lee Hill, 6-4 325 with a 4th rd Tender. He is #4 on their depth chart and they are cap strapped. Just a wild guess but i think something like 2 years and 5 mill total will be enough to pry him loose. He has not made any money yet and being 4th on the depth chart is not a great way to go into FA next year.

Who the Sam Hill is Sammie Lee Hill? :)

Situational, run stuffing DT.....

How about getting a pass rushing OLB/DE ?

I wanted us to draft this guy in the 3rd a few years ago. He went in the 4th to Detroit, and while not an incredible player, has been much better than Brace, whom we drafted that same year. I wanted Barwin in the early 2nd, too. Hill and Barwin would have been a much better DL/LB combination than Brace/McKenzie. Ah well. These things happen.

I'd rather wait a year and get him in unrestricted free agency. Can add some good size and athleticism to our unit, but will be much cheaper than the 2years for 5million floated earlier.

I think there are better things to do with our 4th Rounder, and some really sweet Late Round options for players of his ilk that I'd rather get, as opposed to spending 2 and 5 on.

But it's a really sharp find, just the same. Well done, Sir. :cool:

Doubt he'll see much playing time this season... so I hope that diamond is buried a bit deeper in the rough and he latches on to a team that can give him his shot to play the following season.

Maybe the Pats?

I'd rather see what the Patriots pick up in the draft, because they might be good at DT after the draft (fingers crossed).

I had Ricky Jean Francois in my head. Knew it was three names anyway :)

Having three names is a predictor of becoming an assassin. James Earl Ray, Mark David Chapman, Lee Harvey Oswald... we don't need that kind of thing. Let the Saints get 'em.

:D

Doubt he'll see much playing time this season... so I hope that diamond is buried a bit deeper in the rough and he latches on to a team that can give him his shot to play the following season.

Maybe the Pats?

I'd rather see what the Patriots pick up in the draft, because they might be good at DT after the draft (fingers crossed).

Teal: This is in regard to the list of names in your signature lines. The one that intrigues me the most is Steve Gregory. For whatever reason and it is only because of what I have read of him I have a hunch he will be a surprise in so much as he allegedly can play safety, corner and nickel back and the inside nickel position is dreadfully in need of repair.

As far as outside corners go - if Dowling is the real thing and if Mccourty bounces back (he showed signs of it later in the season last year) along with a decent draft pick then the secondary is in my opinion repairing itself very well.

Last edited:
I don't see anybody being around at pick 125 or there about that will contribute what he can from day one.

Blue Thunder if there was a OLB/DE that could be had for a 4th I would be all for it, but there is no one of that skill set for that price. The only player like that was Trevor Scott.

Reamer, Any 26 YO 320 lb DT that had significant playing time will get more than 2.5 a year as a FA. That is Warren type money for a player 10 years younger with some upside.

We got Fannie Mae, but will most likey lose Ellis & Warren, and Silvestro and Harrsion are two guys that can easily be improved upon and who knows what gives with Brace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back