PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Potential NFL Talent in XFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

CISGS

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Gotta be honest. The PJ Walker kid can ball. I’ll be surprised if he isn’t on a roster this offseason.

Donald Parham is an interesting kid for Dallas.

He came out of a small school as a 6-foot-8, 237-pound TE who went undrafted. Signed and released by Detroit and Washington. He's now up to 257 pounds and no one's been able to cover him yet. Still looks like he could add some bulk - maybe end up around 270.

Looks like he moves pretty well, I haven't seen him drop anything, and he's made a couple of tacklers miss.

He came out of a small school as a 6-foot-8, 237-pound TE who went undrafted. Signed and released by Detroit and Washington. He's now up to 257 pounds and no one's been able to cover him yet. Still looks like he could add some bulk - maybe end up around 270.

Looks like he moves pretty well, I haven't seen him drop anything, and he's made a couple of tacklers miss.

How is his blocking during the run? Just curious.

So, are you saying

blank+street+sign.jpg

duh.jpg

Kelsey-Grammer-as-Beast-in-X-Men-The-Last-Stand.jpg

?

Parham's a weird player and I'm not sure he'd be able to do what he can do in the XFL against NFL defenses, but his traits will get him a look.

Think the most likely guys to come out of the league are offensive linemen. Walker looks like the league's Garrett Gilbert, in that some NFL team might find a backup role for him.

Keep in mind the number of guys who were even on 53-man rosters from the AAF last year could be counted on one hand, and of those only a couple made meaningful contributions.

I’d like to bring PJ in to compete with Stidham and and Maybe Mariota

A Rutgers wide receiver named Carlton Agudosi just blocked a punt for the Battlehawks, so write that guy's name in Sharpie onto the Patriots roster.

I saw a kicker hit a 53 yarder yesterday. Bring him in.

I saw a kicker hit a 53 yarder yesterday. Bring him in.

Legitimate question because I haven't been following the league: Are there any major differences in kicking rules in the XFL? Bigger/smaller goal posts? Differences in the ball? Differences in how defenses are allowed to defend it? Etc. Giving a cheap kicker a look would be a potential way to save some cap, but I worry if things are even a little bit different there it can throw a kicker off.

Legitimate question because I haven't been following the league: Are there any major differences in kicking rules in the XFL? Bigger/smaller goal posts? Differences in the ball? Differences in how defenses are allowed to defend it? Etc. Giving a cheap kicker a look would be a potential way to save some cap, but I worry if things are even a little bit different there it can throw a kicker off.

No. They just don't have extra points so they kick it less (instead it's 1 point for a conversion from the 2 yard line, 2 points from the 5, and 3 from the 10). Crowd noise is probably the biggest issue. That 53 yarder was in a climate-controlled dome with 30,000 people in attendance. Biggest crowd in XFL history but still half the attendance of an NFL game. To be fair, though, that kick would have been good from 60.

That said, kicking's largely mental. Most college kickers could hit 50+ yarders in practice all day long. It's how you handle the snap to hold mechanics and timing while worrying about guys rushing at you and crowd noise and the fact that you let your team down if you miss it (particularly later in games) that really separates the wheat and chaff for kickers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back