PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Potential Late Round Targets for the comp picks in the 6th.

One guy I like in the late rounds is S Carolina RB Brandon Wilds. Nothing amazing but he gets through the hole quickly, has some moderate wiggle and has the size at 220lbs. Think a slightly better BJGE type.

I want bb to take Reynolds of navy. Great kid. I know ball security is a problem, but I am hoping being a full time rb will cure that.

Another sixth rounder could be that huge linebacker out of Kentucky. Especially if he plays special teams.

Another intriguing sixth rounder would be McGhee, the te from Florida. Bennett may be breaking down, McGhee gets open.

I want bb to take Reynolds of navy. Great kid. I know ball security is a problem, but I am hoping being a full time rb will cure that.

Another sixth rounder could be that huge linebacker out of Kentucky. Especially if he plays special teams.

Another intriguing sixth rounder would be McGhee, the te from Florida. Bennett may be breaking down, McGhee gets open.
really Reynolds? I havent ever seen him connected to the Pats. ;) Also Bennett is 29, only two years older than Gronk

You know it is getting into draft season when i start making post after 1 cause i can't sleep :p

Some players I like. The 6th is the time to get niche players and find interesting long shots and projects.

Adam Gotsis - DT
Luther Mandy - DT - both are undersized pass rushing DTs that are injured. I like these kind of players to take a shot on as pass rush from the DT spot one of the best things to have on defense and the Pats need DT help anyway.
Stephen Weatherly - DE - He is 260 and runs a 4.6. That is enough to draft him here as he seems to have a lot of the raw tools
Peirce Slater - OT - Has the size BB likes in his OTs at 6'7 and 325 lbs. Also seems quick for his size.
DJ Foster - RB - Most people will want a bigger back but I want another pass catch just cause they are better and I prefer them running. At 5'10 and 190 he is one of the smallest RBs but his quickness and speed are legit and a true duel threat. Between Him Lewis and White you only need to each to do 10 carries a game which is very managable even for smaller backs. Give me a stable of pass catches and for 1 yard just do a FB run or something or pass.
Wendall Williams - WR - This kind of player might go undrafted but he is a freak athlete. He may be a reach even at 6 but probably will rise up boards due to his combine showing. He is FAST! I mean FAAAAST 4.32 by lazer testing. And his high jump of 45 inches would have tied the combined record. So he is a freak.... What does he do on the field? Hard to find stats cause he is a small school guy but he got 15 TDs in 10 games. Good enough for me.

I will stop there for now.

Last edited:
Laquan McGowan... TE/OG Baylor

6'6" / 410lb of manly man

410lb and actually ran a 5.39/40

Laquan McGowan... TE/OG Baylor

6'6" / 410lb of manly man

410lb and actually ran a 5.39/40

I would love to see bb take him in the sixth round. He is a monster and not as slow as you would think.

I'm always a fan of lotto picks in the late rounds so I really like the idea of Anthony Zettel,

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

I would love to see bb take him in the sixth round. He is a monster and not as slow as you would think.

Didn't we release Kyle Love because of weight concerns? He was told that he had a high risk of diabetes, and the Patriots ended up moving on since they were worried he wasn't managing his health properly. I have to imagine a 400+ LB man would carry similar concerns. Honestly, for his own sake, he should try to shed at least 100 LBs.

I have to imagine a 400+ LB man would carry similar concerns. Honestly, for his own sake, he should try to shed at least 100 LBs.

Or try to become a professional wrestler.

Byron Marshall is still my guy. Coming off a knee injury, so he didnt show his elite athleticsm off at his pro day, but it's definitely there.

Plus, he came to school as a top running back, ran for a 1k yards, changed to receiver, and caught 1k yards. I really think he fits in to our mould of receiver and could be a really nice, buy low option as part of an eventual succession plan for Martin/amendola/Edelman.

He also blocks better as a receiver than just about anyone in the draft. A legit blocking weapon outside, which is a huge part of our game plan.

Byron Marshall is still my guy. Coming off a knee injury, so he didnt show his elite athleticsm off at his pro day, but it's definitely there.

Plus, he came to school as a top running back, ran for a 1k yards, changed to receiver, and caught 1k yards. I really think he fits in to our mould of receiver and could be a really nice, buy low option as part of an eventual succession plan for Martin/amendola/Edelman.

He also blocks better as a receiver than just about anyone in the draft. A legit blocking weapon outside, which is a huge part of our game plan.

Well we know he's on the radar.

I don't see Marshall taking the Edelman role. I think with his speed he can really take the top off a defense especially in an offense like ours. But someone who I can see taking over for Edelman is Daniel braverman. Watch his tape against Ohio state and it really amazes me how he is able to make players miss.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back