PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Potential Coaching Candidates after BB Retires [Update: Bedard believes Monday's outcome could result in "serious question" about Belichick's Future]

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of things came to mind as I tried to decipher this thread.
1) I'm starting to believe that the true brilliance during our dynastic days came from Ernie Adams, aka Belichick's Belichick.
2) The same fans who are using the cap as an excuse for not bringing back Brady wanted to break the bank for Can't Newton.
3) One of the QBs we have now better end up being NYFL caliber or we're screwed.

And finally a question I've asked that has yet to be answered. If Brady wanted to leave here why did he keep asking for contract extensions?
Huh? Nobody wanted to give Newton money!

Regardless of whether the Pats win or loose tonight, I think Bedard will/already regrets coming out with what he has said about Bill. I usually don't have a problem with Bedard, but reporting this seems pretty irresponsible. While his "sources never let him down", he back tracks on it in the event he ends up being wrong saying, "I don't think the Pats will loose to the Cardinals". Bob firing 6 time champion Bill over being under .500 for the 2nd time in 20 years doesn't sound very rational.
He hedges his crap that way ALL the time.

There’s buzz that Jerod Mayo may move on to take a DC position elsewhere and improve his resume to eventually be a HC.

Heard Mayo’s old “Quick Slants” buddy Tom Curran talking about it earlier this evening on NBC Boston. Thought I heard him say the Pats offered to name him co-DC with Steve Belichick, but Mayo’s camp declined believing Mayo was more the coordinator despite Stephen being the play caller.

This is getting interesting. You’ve got what Bedard wrote about last week. You’ve got your 2nd year QB screaming and swearing at his coordinator on National tv with praise from respected veterans. Now, you’ve got one of Bill’s “boys” grousing about his coaching role and title.

It would seem the King is perceived to be weakened and vulnerable by some of his subjects. That often doesn’t turn out well for the King.

There’s buzz that Jerod Mayo may move on to take a DC position elsewhere and improve his resume to eventually be a HC.

Heard Mayo’s old “Quick Slants” buddy Tom Curran talking about it earlier this evening on NBC Boston. Thought I heard him say the Pats offered to name him co-DC with Steve Belichick, but Mayo’s camp declined believing Mayo was more the coordinator despite Stephen being the play caller.

This is getting interesting. You’ve got what Bedard wrote about last week. You’ve got your 2nd year QB screaming and swearing at his coordinator on National tv with praise from respected veterans. Now, you’ve got one of Bill’s “boys” grousing about his coaching role and title.

It would seem the King is perceived to be weakened and vulnerable by some of his subjects. That often doesn’t turn out well for the King.
It's better to have been King than to have never been King at all. Witnessing mob psychology at its finest.

I think the chances of Matt P coming back are better than 50/50. Unless Kraft steps in I don't see Bill going away from Matty P as the OC.
I think they kick him up into the booth and position it as the Ernie Adams role to save face

I think they kick him up into the booth and position it as the Ernie Adams role to save face
I think all the Bill O'Brien coming back speculation is a little odd. BOB is really going to come back to the same place in the same position he was at a decade ago? I think there is a better chance he gets a head coach job in the NFL or in college before he ends up here. Regardless I think they would have to look outside the organization which I don't think Bill will want to do which leads us right back to Patricia.

When Bill leaves you should all resign yourselves to 20 years of mediocrity.
More likely boom/bust just like the rest of the league and what the Patriots were in the times before. A great season every 4-5 years or so followed by similar periods (if not longer) of absolute desolation (3-4 wins type desolation).

If Steve gets the reigns this place will melt down.
Although the defense has been decent? Kind of strange really. People just hate on him because he is Bills son and love Mayo because he was a great player.

Although the defense has been decent? Kind of strange really. People just hate on him because he is Bills son and love Mayo because he was a great player.
Yes, this is a strange situation. All the love for Mayo as a coach. I know nothing about his ability as a coach. Steve gets any blame and essentially no credit. He would be better off if he could get a DC position on another team away from the family. He will always be in Bill's shadow here. Good Luck to Mayo. Why he should be a head coach over other candidates is not apparent to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back