PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Combine Forum Mock Draft

How about a trade back with Jacksonville. I know we aren't supposed to do a trade. But the Jags have 2 picks in the 4th and 3 picks in the 5th. How about their first 4th round pick and 2nd 5th round?

It looks like the interest in this mock is waning, understandably, but let's see if we can get this final bit of business resolved.

In our vote to find the 3rd round Patriot pick, we found ourselves in a virtual tie between Donte Moncrief and Antone Exum. I suggest we resolve this by having a head to head vote between the two. So your choices are:

1. Donte Moncrief

2. Antone Exum

Please vote for only one.

My vote Donte Moncrief.

It looks like the interest in this mock is waning, understandably, but let's see if we can get this final bit of business resolved.

In our vote to find the 3rd round Patriot pick, we found ourselves in a virtual tie between Donte Moncrief and Antone Exum. I suggest we resolve this by having a head to head vote between the two. So your choices are:

1. Donte Moncrief

2. Antone Exum

Please vote for only one.

My vote Donte Moncrief.

Antone Exum.

Moncrief. Ftw.

Moncrief. I'd be happy with either though.

Donte Moncrief

I'm going to vote for Moncrief. He's a physical specimen and dominated at the combine. No guarantee of success obviously but still, I'd like to see what Brady could do with two 6'2 receivers in our offense. Moncrief might add a bit more of red zone threat for us.

6'2 220 4.4 40 39.5 inch vert and 132 inch broad jump:
Donte Moncrief Draft Profile ? NFL.com

One article points to why Donte Moncrief's measureable could make him a solid success as a WR.
Donte Moncrief: Metric AllStar - Out Of The Box - Rotoworld.com

Well sleeping on it didn't make the choice any easier. On the one hand I want Exum because there aren't a lot of SS prospects left that I love on the other hand Moncrief could be really special and is such a great value here. :bricks:

Moncrief.

Moncrief is leading 6-2. I'll leave it open a little longer to give any Exum supporters a chance to vote.

Exum. 10 char

Moncrief.

I think Exum could be had in the next round.

That last vote staved off a comeback. If no-one objects, I'm going to call this in favour of Moncrief.

Donte Moncrief it is. San Francisco is on the clock.

San Francisco picks Phillip Gaines, CB, Rice.

The Broncos select WR Paul Richardson Colorado. The Hawks are on the board.

To recap:

91 New Orleans Saints - Marcus Martin
92 Carolina Panthers -
93 New England Patriots -
94 San Francisco 49ers -
95 Denver Broncos -
96 Seattle Seahawks -

Ha! I wasn't the only one. :D

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey