PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Portnoy still defending the wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewssix

On the Roster
Reaction score
Did anyone see earlier on twitter when Portnoy offered free t-shirts to anyone that could get anti-ESPN or Goodell signs on SportsCenter (being broadcast from BC)? Not only did a lot of signs make it on, the crowd also started chanting "Fire Goodell". They were having a hard time talking over the chant! Pretty funny!

David Portnoy ‏@stoolpresidente 2h2 hours ago

This is my favorite dude in a long time. Just doing work. #espnlies #mortlies #freeshirt pic.twitter.com/Mf9AUlsQYt

3:06 PM - 18 Sep 2015 · Details
99 retweets 336 favorites

Beautiful @Whofan70: @stoolpresidente pic.twitter.com/xcYmTW28mu

3:21 PM - 18 Sep 2015 · Details
116 retweets 246 favorites

Check out the video here:

http://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/bc-fans-just-gave-espn-and-the-nfl-a-facial/

That second picture really isn't flattering for Reiss...

That second picture really isn't flattering for Reiss...

I like Reiss. He likes to "stick to football" and usually thinks things through before going all crazy. But, "yes" this is not his finest look.

Side note : a few months ago,my gf (who doesn't follow the NFL that much) remarked that it was great that football had become so progressive as to have people of Reiss' preferences following the sport. She didn't seem convinced when I mentioned he is married.

Glorious.

Did anyone see earlier on twitter when Portnoy offered free t-shirts to anyone that could get anti-ESPN or Goodell signs on SportsCenter (being broadcast from BC)? Not only did a lot of signs make it on, the crowd also started chanting "Fire Goodell". They were having a hard time talking over the chant! Pretty funny!

This is my favorite dude in a long time. Just doing work. #espnlies #mortlies #freeshirt pic.twitter.com/Mf9AUlsQYt

3:06 PM - 18 Sep 2015 · Details
99 retweets 336 favorites

Beautiful @Whofan70: @stoolpresidente pic.twitter.com/xcYmTW28mu

3:21 PM - 18 Sep 2015 · Details
116 retweets 246 favorites

Check out the video here:

http://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/bc-fans-just-gave-espn-and-the-nfl-a-facial/

I love the 2nd picture with the cheerleaders cheering in front of the anti Goodell and ESPN signs. That's fantastic.

Brilliant!

That first kid getting right in there set the tone like a boss

Pretty cool!

On the other hand, Portnoy is part of the "Brady/Patriots did something" crowd.

It was in the thread hear from several days (a week?) ago that had a link to an interview with Portnoy, Chad Finn, and Jonathan Dowd.

Pretty cool!

It was in the thread hear from several days (a week?) ago that had a link to an interview with Portnoy, Chad Finn, and Jonathan Dowd.
No he isn't he's part of his own "EVEN IF he did he doesn't care" crowd he never conceded they did anything.

The Rolling Stone interviewer says:

Rolling Stone said:
Generally speaking, most (if not all) Pats fans believe that Brady probably did something, in the sense that every single NFL quarterback likes his footballs with a particular feel and grip.

Portnoy responds to that with:
Portnoy said:
I think that's fair. I think that's how it started. And then as more information came out about what actually went down, it went from a feeling of that to "This was a sting." The problem is, why were these lies made up about what really happened? This is a nothing issue: Every quarterback under the sun has said they want their balls a certain way.

I agree, most Pats fans aren't sitting there thinking he's a choir boy, but it was more like, "This is clearly like this because it's the Patriots," just because they don't like Belichick or Brady, and that's what's caused so much fervor among Patriots fans.

Pretty cool!

Portnoy and the other guys from Barstool went to the NFL offices to protest. They were screaming, "Free Brady! Fire Goodell! Kensil's a *****!" and got arrested. He also chased down Kensil at the Super Bowl media day and tried to get him to explain his involvement. He showed up outside the court to scream at Goodell and give support to Tom. He's been great through all of this, pretty funny and very involved in "defending the wall". He's had some hilarious emergency press conferences on his site, with a lot of other good stuff regarding espn, Mort, etc.

"I agree, most Pats fans aren't sitting there thinking he's a choir boy, ..."
Because he isn't a choir boy he's a 38 year old man.....anyone who wants a choir boy as your leader is a ****y who lives in fairytale land. And using that quote to put him in the "he must have done something" sector is bananaland. Chad Pennington is a choir boy, yeah I'd rather have the obsessive detail oriented competitor. But that's just me

Because he isn't a choir boy he's a 38 year old man.....anyone who wants a choir boy as your leader is a ***** who lives in fairytale land. And using that quote to put him in the "he must have done something" sector is bananaland. Chad Pennington is a choir boy, yeah I'd rather have the obsessive detail oriented competitor. But that's just me
Hey, I'm in the camp that believes the IDL explains the deflation and that nothing nefarious occurred. Although I applaud and welcome his activism, I'm just pointing out that Portnoy may not be a true believer.

Hey, I'm in the camp that believes the IDL explains the deflation and that nothing nefarious occurred. Although I applaud and welcome his activism, I'm just pointing out that Portnoy may not be a true believer.
Are you kidding me? The guy spent a night in jail for protesting nfl headquarters. He confronted sal pal in person like 3 different times. He confronted kravitz at media day at the super bowl basically went on a profanity laced tirade to a stranger

Are you kidding me? The guy spent a night in jail for protesting nfl headquarters. He confronted sal pal in person like 3 different times. He confronted kravitz at media day at the super bowl basically went on a profanity laced tirade to a stranger
Like I said, I welcome and truly enjoy his activism, even though I believe it's opportunistic hucksterism for his website. There's room in this circus for many rings

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News