PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Porter calls out Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.
AndyJohnson said:
I actually think this was more a good move than a bad one by Porter.
Its well known that the Colts hate being considered a finesse team. But they are a finesse team. They have even made comments as if they feel they need to prove they are physical.
Porter has challenged them to be physical, to play a style different than what has been successful for them.

If they ever took the bait, Porter would be a genius. Problem is its very unlikely they will take the bait.

I totally agree with you. As I was reading it, I was thinking to myself "He is just trying to bait them into playing smashmouth by questioning their toughness."

If the colts are dumb enough to take the bait, they will probably lose the game. Porter may not be as dumb as some of you think.

Well

I think more than anything it just showes ignorance. Porter is mad becuase the other teams won't play the steelers game. In the NFL the name of the game is winning, and teams win anyway they can. Everyone wants to get their oponent to play "their game", and unless the stillers are ahead, you can't get that----so porter is mad becuase the dolts won't "play the stillers game" and that plays into the hands of the dolts.

The great teams in the NFL are the teams that can play a "different" style of game every week and adapt to their opponent---the stillers have yet to do that! and unless they can pull themselves out of the 70's style football--they won't win any rings! (all this is my opinion mind you :D )

re:

I too think it was a great move.

Porter called out the Colts for using cheap tactics in order to catch teams off guard. He's daring them to line up and see is more physical.

I don't think the Colts will bite though. Their entire offense is based on confusion and deception - they predominantly run the stretch play for runs in order to deceive defenses for later play action calls. It is devastating and they would be fools to turn away from it.

All of you who think the Colts will actually take this bait are kidding yourselves.

No title game in Foxboro. If you're gunna rep the AFC again, you go through Indianapolis.

Pittsburgh has no chance in hell.

This article portrays Porter as a total idiot. Condemning the Colts for playing finesse? Practically condemning himself because he doesn't want to think when he plays football? Yikes.

No, the Colts will not take the bait. They will do what it takes for them to win, whether Porter approves of the method or not.

"Attitude reflects leadership". That's Porter, being dumb like his head coach. If that's how the Steelers will approach every game (winning by beating the tar out of the opponent and no other way), no, they never will win a SB with Cowher has HC. When Tim Fox of NESN puts Cowher down, he is 100% correct.

OBTW Porter does not reflect the aggregate brains and common sense of the rest of the people of this fair city (Bakersfield CA).

Bob G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back