PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poll: Which "Unknown" Player will be the best this year.

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who will have the breakout-est year

• N'Keal Harry

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Jakobi Meyers

Votes: 25 42.4%
  • Braxton Berrios

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Shilique Calhoun

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Chase Winowich

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Obi Melifonwu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jarrett Stidham

• Damien Harris

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Ja'whaun Bentley

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • Other (Who?)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JayNM

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Pre-season started with a fury. Many rookies and newer player showed a lot of promise. Heck, even Hoyer looked very good.

So here is the question: Who, outside of our more well-known players, will be the Patriot this year? Im counting even some Players who were here last year but weren't prominent

Between WR, DLs, LBs and Secondary, there is no shortage of option.

You wrote like 3 names wrong, forgot Wynn and made Harry and Harris 1 player somehow.

And i can't edit the names appearently so DEAL WITH IT :cool:

Seems like Harry, Meyers and Bentley are the most likely of this group to get significant playing time. I think the others would need an injury to someone else to play a lot (with probably the exception of Win)

Jakobi Melinfonwu

Its to early, i'll vote after the 3-4th pre-season game.

I was excited to play, but I don't know who these people are.

Leaning Bentley if deciding right here and now. He was obviously on a great track before getting hurt last year, and they seemingly feel highly on him this year. Having him as a steady hand in fulfilling duties at ILB would be big in allowing Hightower, Van Noy, and Collins to create problems for offenses elsewhere. This is going to be a fun LB group if health holds up.

I like Bentley and Simon. Both will benefit from the time a strong CB/safety/LB group will afford.

I wish I was going Wynn, but - even though we’re weeks from the regular season - I’m starting to wonder if he’ll be swing tackle this year with Thuney (LT) and Frohodlt (LG) starting on the left side...

I would say Harry, but I think Bentley is a higher-floor pick. The guy was starting capably last year before injury, and based on his performance yesterday he appears to be back and ready to pick up where he left off.

Harry, OTOH, is at a flashier position and a position of greater need, so I could easily see a scenario where he's the guy everyone's talking about.

This is not a legitimate poll if there is no 'Ray Lewis killed a guy (possibly two)" answer

I wouldn't call any first round pick an "unknown" player.

Bentley and Meyers are the obvious picks IMO, with Meyers maybe having the clearest path to getting lots of snaps.

Player......................................Standout role
  1. N'Keal Harris................Plays Hamilton in rookie production (It's a Caribbean thing)
  2. Jakobi Meyers..............Hottest mom, played by Seinfeld's old girlfriend
  3. Brexton Berrios............Best breakfast cereal name
  4. Shilique Calhoun..........Something about rhymes with "on fleek"
  5. Chase Winowich...........Best named for rushing the QB
  6. Obi Melifonwu.............."I know an Old Ben Fonwu, I wonder if they're related..."
  7. Jarrett Stidham............ A diamond in the rough.
  8. Damien Harris..............A good omen?
  9. Ja'whaun Bentley..........Fills gaping hole at J/Vowel/apostrophe role originated by Je'Rod Cherry
  10. Other (Who?).................Best Who tribute band

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back