Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mosslost

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Poll: Pats 2019 Record and SB Prediction Poll

We were very lucky to have such few injuries to major players. If we have similar luck I think we repeat.

I doubt that'll happen twice in a row though. I suspect a key injury here or there will happen and the team will overachieve and lose on the road in the AFCCG like in 2013 and 2015

We were very lucky to have such few injuries to major players. If we have similar luck I think we repeat.

I doubt that'll happen twice in a row though. I suspect a key injury here or there will happen and the team will overachieve and lose on the road in the AFCCG like in 2013 and 2015

The Chiefs also got lucky with injuries last season. They also faced the likes of Cleveland, Arizona, 49ers, Bengals, and Raiders x 2. As great as he is, tape is now out on Mahomes. I can see them going 11-5 or even 10-6. Their schedule is much tougher next season. They blew out teams at home. That doesn't happen two years in a row. They are my # 1 candidate for a regression in the AFC. In the NFC, I see the Cowboys missing the postseason entirely.

The Patriots were blown out three times on the road last season. Realistically, that isn't going to happen again.

The Chiefs also got lucky with injuries last season. They also faced the likes of Cleveland, Arizona, 49ers, Bengals, and Raiders x 2. As great as he is, tape is now out on Mahomes. I can see them going 11-5 or even 10-6. Their schedule is much tougher next season. They blew out teams at home. That doesn't happen two years in a row. They are my # 1 candidate for a regression in the AFC. In the NFC, I see the Cowboys missing the postseason entirely.

The Patriots were blown out three times on the road last season. Realistically, that isn't going to happen again.

Tape on Mahomes might not help all that much. He might be just that good plus their defense will probably improve. Their offense in general will still take a step back imo but Mahomes could still throw for 40 TDs or more. He just makes plays consistently that aren't even there.

But btt, I think the Patriots will go 12-4 or 13-3 and depending how other teams do be the 1st or 2nd seed.

This is an underrated part of last season. Healthiest we've ever been -- all the injuries happened early in the season and mostly to rookies. You can sort of count Gordon as an injury for all intents and purposes, but he was probably the biggest loss midway through.

One question I would have liked someone to ask BB was whether there was any different training focus this season, or if it was just good luck.

Also, this was was a good poll but I really wish there had been more options, there are several enumerations that are missing.

• Agree
Reactions: ALP
Tape on Mahomes might not help all that much. He might be just that good plus their defense will probably improve. Their offense in general will still take a step back imo but Mahomes could still throw for 40 TDs or more. He just makes plays consistently that aren't even there.

But btt, I think the Patriots will go 12-4 or 13-3 and depending how other teams do be the 1st or 2nd seed.

Good point.

Last edited:
Maybe it's just me but without knowing what their opponent's rosters will look like in September never mind their own this strikes me as just a tad...

premature-champagne-podium-F1-pops-on-its-own-14198770364.gif

...premature

Last edited:
Always somehow default at 13, just because of a couple stinkers to teams we should beat and a tough team/game on the road.

13-3, #1 seed, beat the Chiefs at home in the AFCCG, beat the Saints in the super bowl.

Pats have one of weakest SOS games based on this year's records....Will that change anyone's mind or will Pats lose too many key players without adequate replacements to compensate??

2019 NFL Strength Of Schedule: Raiders Have Toughest Road, Cowboys Play 6 Playoff Teams, And Patriots Get Lucky

Although year after year, the prior year's records as an indicator of SOS proves to be a poor predictor of how SOS actually turns out. Just too much change. (Except for one franchise, which is always a downer on anyone's schedule.)

It's always easier to retool when you are starting at or near the top :D

head says 13-3 and SB champs

heart wants to see what it's always wanted since 2005-2007...a threepeat, with a perfect season sandwiched in between

My prediction is the same every year, this team will win between 12 & 13 wins for the season, and how they do in the "Tournament" will depend on their injury situation.. the biggest advantage is coaching and team management and that will remain the same..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference