Status
Not open for further replies.

mosslost

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
What will our regular season record be?

giphy.gif

Jetsfan79 voted 9-7?

I give them three clunkers this regular season. Tom Brady turns two of them into wins, and the third is a loss at the buzzer. 15-1 was my vote.

I'll vote 16-0. I don't necessarily care about being undefeated, but the roster is right for them to make a run at it. Being in the playoffs, and healthy to make a run is most important of course, but undefeated especially this season (TB at 40, chasing 6) is true immortality. It would be the greatest mic drop of all time, if only that'd pesky Brady fellow didn't want to play forever. They could lose early and escape that drama, but if its on the table I've no doubt they'll go for it, one week at a time of course.

14-2

One game where the opposing team plays simply plays fantastic and one game where we make a mess of it ala Phily two years ago.

We have won 5 SBs and been to 2 more.. the only way to top it all of even further is to go 16-0... **** it, I am in..

Stick with my standard prediction as I do every year, this team is good for 13-14 wins... on any given Sunday shyt happens.

Thu, Sep. 7 Kansas City Chiefs - 8:30pm
Sun, Sep. 17 at New Orleans Saints - 1:00pm
Sun, Sep. 24 Houston Texans - 1:00pm
Sun, Oct. 1 Carolina Panthers - 1:00pm
Thu, Oct. 5 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers - 8:25pm
Sun, Oct. 15 at New York Jets - 1:00pm
Sun, Oct. 22 Atlanta Falcons - 8:30pm
Sun, Oct. 29 Los Angeles Chargers - 1:00pm

Sun, Nov. 5 BYE

Sun, Nov. 12 at Denver Broncos - 8:30pm
Sun, Nov. 19 at Oakland Raiders (Mexico City)
Sun, Nov. 26 Miami Dolphins - 1:00pm
Sun, Dec. 3 at Buffalo Bills - 1:00pm
Mo, Dec. 11 at Miami Dolphins - 8:30pm (boo ESPN game)
Sun, Dec. 17 at Pittsburgh Steelers - 4:25pm
Sun, Dec. 24 Buffalo Bills - 1:00pm
Sun, Dec. 31 New York Jets - 1:00pm

I predict 16-0 but that is boring to just say. Let me tell you my predictions game by game. Also thanks to @RelocatedPatFan for posting that detailed info. I am just gonna copy/paste and use it. Hope that's cool.

Thu, Sep. 7 Kansas City Chiefs - 8:30pm - Pats never lost a post super bowl win opener and I don't think they do this time either. KC has a legit D but Smith/Reid just aren't closers. They wait for their D to win or you to beat yourself generally. You need to bring more than that. Pats 31 KC 20 (closer till the 4th)

Sun, Sep. 17 at New Orleans Saints - 1:00pm - NO in a dome is tough always. However Brady in a Dome is crazy good and the D advantage is too big for the Pats to lose this one. Cooks goes off this game btw. Pats 41 Saints 24

Sun, Sep. 24 Houston Texans - 1:00pm - A very tough D but lets be real. Savage isn't beating the Patriots. Just not happening. It might be a bit messy but i honestly see this as a game where our D might out score their O with a TD of its own and giving the Pats a chip shot FG. Pats 27 Texans 9

Sun, Oct. 1 Carolina Panthers - 1:00pm - Panthers are going to bounce back a bit. But not 15-1 or even playoffs probably. Just not as bad as they were last year. That lose last time they played still is on Brady/BB's mind. Their secondary gets carved up and this time Cam extending drives with crazy plays with his feet won't happen near as much. Pats 38 Panthers 20

Thu, Oct. 5 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers - 8:25pm - First game the Pats are in jeopardy of losing all year. Thursday night game away with a unfamiliar team. The Pats don't have a good answer for Evans who can just win jump balls if need be and Winston gives them fits (McCoy is the type of player who can annoy this offense a ton). The pass rush also gets to Brady and the CBs make the WRs day difficult. However, Tampa is still not good enough all around to take advantage and the Pats pull out a tough one Pats 27 Tamps 23

Sun, Oct. 15 at New York Jets - 1:00pm - Playing the Jets at home more often than not turns into a dog fight. Not this year. Jets are just too bad and have no good way to sustain any drives and get the Pats after a rest and a so-so game. Also no Fitzpatrick who seems to do really well vs the Pats. Pats 31 Jets 10

Sun, Oct. 22 Atlanta Falcons - 8:30pm - This will just be a legit tough game. Atlanta simply wants this one more than the Pats do. They want to show they should have won last year. They want to use this game to set a tone saying "we will not be denied again". However magic in the NFL is fleeting and they won't be in the groove they were. Ryan won't have the year he did last year. The OL won't be pushed around again or taken by surprise by Grady Jarrett and the Pats also woant to prove they don't need to come back miraculously to beat them. Pats 31 Falcons 24

Sun, Oct. 29 Los Angeles Chargers - 1:00pm - The Chargers are a weird team. They are always worse then they should be. I don't think that changes though i think Allen their star WR stays healthy this year. Chargers will do what they usually do. Look like a good team then make 1-2 dumb mistakes and lose. Pats 31 Chargers 20

Sun, Nov. 5 BYE

Sun, Nov. 12 at Denver Broncos - 8:30pm - The bye was nice timing here to prepare for a really tough stretch. The Broncos came closer to winning than last years score reflects. That key int by Ryan in the red zone when they were marching was huge. Brady is simply not good in Denver vs this D (who is though?). Do what you did last year. Don't try to challenge that D too much. Score some points and play smart field position. Dare their O to match your score with no short fields or points scored by their D. They won't. Pats 20 Denver 10

Sun, Nov. 19 at Oakland Raiders (Mexico City) - A big wildcard game due to potential distractions but imo the last true hurdle from being 16-0. The Raiders D is suspect or too young besides Mack. Cannon needs to contain him and get some help probably. Do that and the rest of their D falls apart. Carr is a stud and one of the few QBs who will successfully move the ball on our D. Still I think they are slowed more than the Pats. Tough game and AFCCG preview. Pats 30 Raiders 24

Sun, Nov. 26 Miami Dolphins - 1:00pm - Miami at home should be no issue. I would look for this to be a big running day too for the Pats. Pats 33 Dolphins 20

Sun, Dec. 3 at Buffalo Bills - 1:00pm - Bills are building for the future smartly but just don't have the guns for an upset chance this year even at home. Pats 41 Bills 20

Mo, Dec. 11 at Miami Dolphins - 8:30pm (boo ESPN game) - At Miami can be hard but generally usually more so if very early in the year. In December they lose their advantage. I will predict something very rare. The exact same score but this turns into more of a passing day. Pats 33 Dolphins 20

Sun, Dec. 17 at Pittsburgh Steelers - 4:25pm - Short week and on the road should put this in doubt. It doesn't. The Pats own the Steelers. Brady owns that D. He knows it. They know it. Pundits sometimes forget it when they talk this game up. Brady will yet again eat this zone blitz up. For all the talk about Bryant and Coates people might give out in the end if you shut down Bell and Brown they can't score enough to keep up with Brady. That is what BB will focus on. Pats 38 Steelers 24

Sun, Dec. 24 Buffalo Bills - 1:00pm - The Bills have nothing to play for at this point. They put up a decent showing last time but when the Pats jump up on them again the fight just leaves them this late in the year with no prospects for anything. Pats 38 Bills 6.

Sun, Dec. 31 New York Jets - 1:00pm - The Jets are just plain bad and this will not be a close contest particularly when at home but the Pats do go into cruise control in the 2nd half running almost exclusively with an eye to the playoffs and the 16-0 feeling firmly in their control. Pats 34 Jets 13.

In summation the Pats have a bad day for Tampa but pull it out and no other truly off games this year though so they don't always bring their A game. Tough games vs the Falcons, Raiders and Broncos who come close to derailing the 16-0. The AFCE pretty much lays down for the Pats with no truly hard contest this year which is a bit of a surprise but it is just so bad and no early Miami game loses good HFA for the dolphins. Pitt again fails to truly challenge (Oakland and Denver are the bigger problems for the Pats). Chargers, Saints and Panthers which could be trap games don't turn into them or have that feel for much of it (I think the Chargers will feel the closest though).

Last edited:
12-4

I like our team. It's the injuries that concern me. We have a rough second half of schedule.

Edit:: 12 wins may not get them HFA but I hope rest of AFC sucks. :D

(*) Other

Without little IT as their lucky charm.......dooooooomed

I predict 16-0 but that is boring to just say. Let me tell you my predictions game by game. Also thanks to @RelocatedPatFan for posting that detailed info. I am just gonna copy/paste and use it. Hope that's cool.

Thu, Sep. 7 Kansas City Chiefs - 8:30pm - Pats never lost a post super bowl win opener and I don't think they do this time either. KC has a legit D but Smith/Reid just aren't closers. They wait for their D to win or you to beat yourself generally. You need to bring more than that. Pats 31 KC 20 (closer till the 4th)

Sun, Sep. 17 at New Orleans Saints - 1:00pm - NO in a dome is tough always. However Brady in a Dome is crazy good and the D advantage is too big for the Pats to lose this one. Cooks goes off this game btw. Pats 41 Saints 24

Sun, Sep. 24 Houston Texans - 1:00pm - A very tough D but lets be real. Savage isn't beating the Patriots. Just not happening. It might be a bit messy but i honestly see this as a game where our D might out score their O with a TD of its own and giving the Pats a chip shot FG. Pats 24 Texans 9

Sun, Oct. 1 Carolina Panthers - 1:00pm - Panthers are going to bounce back a bit. But not 15-1 or even playoffs probably. Just not as bad as they were last year. That lose last time they played still is on Brady/BB's mind. This secondary gets carved up and this time Cam extend drives with plays that should have been stopped. Pats 38 Panthers 20

Thu, Oct. 5 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers - 8:25pm - First game the Pats are in jeopardy of losing all year. Thursday night game away with a unfamiliar team. The Pats don't have a good answer for Evans who can just win jump balls if need be and Winston gives them fits (McCoy is the type of player who can annoy this offense a ton). The pass rush also gets to Brady and the CBs make the WRs day difficult. However, Tampa is still not good enough all around to take advantage and the Pats pull out a tough one Pats 27 Tamps 23

Sun, Oct. 15 at New York Jets - 1:00pm - Playing the Jets at home more often than not turns into a dog fight. Not this year. Jets are just too bad and have no good way to sustain any drives and get the Pats after a rest and a so-so game. Also no Fitzpatrick who seems to do really well vs the Pats. Pats 31 Jets 10

Sun, Oct. 22 Atlanta Falcons - 8:30pm - This will just be a legit tough game. Atlanta simply wants this one more than the Pats do. They want to show they should have won last year. They want to use this game to set a tone saying "we will not be denied again". However magic in the NFL is fleeting and they won't be in the groove they were. Ryan won't have the year he did last year. The OL won't be pushed around again or taken by surprise by Grady Jarrett and the Pats also won't to prove they don't need to come back miraculously to beat them. Pats 31 Falcons 24

Sun, Oct. 29 Los Angeles Chargers - 1:00pm - The Chargers are a weird team. They are always worse then they should be. I don't think that changes though i think Allen their star WR stays healthy this year. Chargers will do what they usually do. Look like a good team then make 1-2 dumb mistakes and lose. Pats 31 Chargers 20

Sun, Nov. 5 BYE

Sun, Nov. 12 at Denver Broncos - 8:30pm - The bye was nice timing here to prepare for a really tough stretch. The Broncos came closer to winner than last years score reflects. That key int by Ryan in the red zone when they were marching was huge. Brady is simply not good in Denver vs this D (who is though?). Do what you did last year. Don't try to challenge that D too much. Score some points and play smart field position. Dare their O to match your score with no short fields or points scored by their D. They won't. Pats 20 Denver 10

Sun, Nov. 19 at Oakland Raiders (Mexico City) - A big wildcard game due to potential distractions but imo the last true hurdle from being 16-0. The Raiders D is suspect or too young besides Mack. Cannon needs to contain him and get some help probably. Do that and the rest of their D falls apart. Carr is a stud and one of the few QBs who will successfully move the ball on our D. Still I think they are slowed more than the Pats. Tough game and AFCCG preview. Pats 30 Raiders 24

Sun, Nov. 26 Miami Dolphins - 1:00pm - Miami at home should be no issue. I would look for this to be a big running day too for the Pats. Pats 33 Dolphins 20

Sun, Dec. 3 at Buffalo Bills - 1:00pm - Bills are building for the future smartly but just don't have the guns for an upset chance this year even at home. Pats 41 Bills 20

Mo, Dec. 11 at Miami Dolphins - 8:30pm (boo ESPN game) - At Miami can be hard but generally usually more so if very early in the year. In December they lose their advantage. I will predict something very rare. The exact same score but this turns into more of a passing day. Pats 33 Dolphins 20

Sun, Dec. 17 at Pittsburgh Steelers - 4:25pm - Short week and on the road should put this in doubt. It doesn't. The Pats own the Steelers. Brady owns that D. He knows it. They know it. Pundits sometimes forget it when they talk this game up. Brady will yet again eat this zone blitz up. For all the talk about Bryant and Coates people might give out in the end if you shut down Bell and Brown they can't score enough to keep up with Brady. That is what BB will focus on. Pats 38 Steelers 24

Sun, Dec. 24 Buffalo Bills - 1:00pm - The Bills have nothing to play for at this point. They put up a decent showing last time but when the Pats jump up on them again the fight just leaves them this late in the year with no prospects for anything. Pats 38 Bills 6.

Sun, Dec. 31 New York Jets - 1:00pm - The Jets are just plain bad and this will not be a close contest particularly when at home but the Pats do go into cruise control in the 2nd half running almost exclusively with an eye to the playoffs and the 16-0 feeling firmly in their control. Pats 30 Jets 10.

In summation the Pats have a bad day for Tampa but pull it out and no other truly off games this year though so they don't always bring their A game. Tough games vs the Falcons, Raiders and Broncos who come close to derailing the 16-0. The AFCE pretty much lays down for the Pats with no truly hard contest this year which is a bit of a surprise but it is just so bad and no early Miami game loses good HFA for the dolphins. Pitt again fails to truly challenge (Oakland and Denver are the bigger problems for the Pats). Chargers, Saints and Panthers which could be trap games don't turn into them or have that feel for much of it (I think the Chargers will feel the closest though).

Except you didn't count for that Sunday when Cyrus bobbled the return and fumbled and gave them an easy field position. And solder was out injured and Fleming gave up 2 easy sacks, and one was a fumble sack. And Brady's last minute charge ended in ball bouncing out of Mitchell's hands and being intercepted.

**** happens on any given sunday. 16-0 is not a realistic prediction and you can't justify it by examining all 16 games. The pats will be favourite to win every game but they likely won't win ALL of them. I predicted 14-2 and first seed.

Does it really make sense to make a record below 12-4 an option? We haven't gone worse than 12 wins in this decade. ;)

Except you didn't count for that Sunday when Cyrus bobbled the return and fumbled and gave them an easy field position. And solder was out injured and Fleming gave up 2 easy sacks, and one was a fumble sack. And Brady's last minute charge ended in ball bouncing out of Mitchell's hands and being intercepted.

**** happens on any given sunday. 16-0 is not a realistic prediction and you can't justify it by examining all 16 games. The pats will be favorite to win every game but they likely won't win ALL of them. I predicted 14-2 and first seed.

That is fine. I would be happy with the first seed. I just honestly think they go 16-0 this year for a number of reasons.

#1 Cooks doesn't get hurt really
#2 Gronk is due for a healthy year (big reason)
#3 They have redundancy at nearly every key position but OT. It would be surprising to see a 2nd run derailed in 3 years due to an OT injury (2015 already happened).

With those 3 things holding up the offense should hum along nearly all year.

I do see injuries as an issue on D but not really. Hightower will probably miss 3-4 games but as long as it is not in that in that 6 game stretch from Tampa to Oakland it should be fine and not effect the outcome much. Also the bye week is in that key stretch too allowing for a few banged up guys to get healthy. Yes Hightower is always a concern to wear down but he tends to have that happen more at the end of the year which is where the easier stretch is so that is fine probably. Harris is a guy who seems to always play and can better fill the role of Hightower in the middle than last year when he is asked

A lot of their other key players are DBs who don't tend to get hit too much and they tend to not hit each other (no big bang clock back there doing friendly fire). Butler/McCourty/Gilmore/Rowe seem to always play and not do risky things with their bodies and are all still pretty young body wise. Yes McCourty is 30 but playing center field safety as opposed to another style increases his longevity and health so he is probably more like 28 physically. Chung I would be kind of worried about losing. He plays physical and gets hit and hits hard and no good options are behind him. That spot does concern me as I feel they have been lucky there with his health the past 3 years. I do think depending on the timing of the injury they could go 16-0 without Chung part of the way but need him back for the playoffs.

Flowers going down be devastating but losing him 2 out of 3 years would again be surprising for a player who missed I think 1 game in a 4 year college career so not an injury prone guy. As far as other DL guys they have good depth there with a lot of rotation and no 1 guy going down will lead to disaster besides Flowers.

I think we lose 4. Another deep playoff run.

Enjoy it, folks, we are witnesses utter greatness,and are so damned lucky it is the team that we are rooting for! I enjoy greatness even in teams I do not root for (e.g.,Lebron James), but to have it at home...so grateful. And the Brady years aren't gonna last much longer. Savor every game.

Gronk, Cooks, Gilmore, and Butler play with 19 games we're going 19-0 there I said it.

Steelers: they simply can't contain our offense and we have the DBs to at least contain them. Double AB put Gilmore on Bryant. On the other hand they'd have to double Gronk and than get eaten alive by our WRs

Raiders: They can't contain us as well bad against the run and pass while not having an elite CB. Again we can double Cooper Gilmore on Crabtree and let Lynch be the guy to beat us.

Falcons: we saw how the offense did vs them now add Gronk and Cooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back