PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Please Bill the GM get me Tyrann Mathieu

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnordcircle

The poster who James White said inspires him.
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know how realistic it is, but this would be my dream pick-up for the offseason. He's a leader, a tone-setter and he seems like a guy who flat out loves the game. And presumably he has some familiarity with similar concepts since he just spent a year under BOB.

He'd be like Rodney Harrison but with fewer personal fouls. I think it's an ideal match.

I like him as a player but if McCourty stays safety is all set. Draft one in the mid rounds to groom.

Is he even a FA?

He seems to be trying to convince Antonio Brown to join him wherever he signs.

Now, AB isn’t a free agent so he just may be being strange....

I don't know how realistic it is, but this would be my dream pick-up for the offseason. He's a leader, a tone-setter and he seems like a guy who flat out loves the game. And presumably he has some familiarity with similar concepts since he just spent a year under BOB.

He'd be like Rodney Harrison but with fewer personal fouls. I think it's an ideal match.

Stop badgering us.

I’m not sure that our former offensive coordinator was running similar defensive concepts in Houston.

He (the guy named after some kinda animal) got abused a lot last year. The Colts receivers were killing him in that playoff game.
Valid point.
But I remember how Chung was welcomed here and over hyped with the Chuck Norris similes. When he left, I don't recall great weeping or gnawing of teeth as he had underperformed our expectations and BB felt he wasn't worth what he could sign for in the market.
Flash forward a couple years as Chung returned. I believe BB said then that he hadn't either used or coached Chung properly initially. Chung returned to be an excellent safety, instrumental in SB victories.

Valid point.
But I remember how Chung was welcomed here and over hyped with the Chuck Norris similes. When he left, I don't recall great weeping or gnawing of teeth as he had underperformed our expectations and BB felt he wasn't worth what he could sign for in the market.
Flash forward a couple years as Chung returned. I believe BB said then that he hadn't either used or coached Chung properly initially. Chung returned to be an excellent safety, instrumental in SB victories.

speaking of this...has anyone heard more detail into how BB came to see it that way? did he watch Chungs philly film and realize he coached him wrongly/used him wrongly? it's just a weird thing for BB to realize that in between chung leaving and us signing him as an FA than to realize it the few initial years he was here

Hard pass, he hasn’t lived up to the expectations.
I hope Chung has a full recovery and hoping also Devin comes back next year.

Adrian Amos is the safety I want. Second best safety on his team but is aming the six or seven best safeties in the league along with Jackson, James, McCourty, Byard, Chung, and Adams.

Last edited:
He was a DPOY a few years ago before the second knee tear. I think he hasn’t regained his prior form and now he’s an above average starter and no longer the elite player he was.

I really feel safety is going to be higher than people expect on BBs needs this offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes