PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Playoff strike?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Play off Strike?

Monumentally so, on two grounds:

(1) Whichever side makes the first move against the other will take a huge PR hit.

(2) A strike OR lockout before the CBA expires (roughly 3/1/2011) is prohibited, and subject to sanctions.

Are you sure about (2)? Hope you are right, BTW. What are the sanctions, if you know Thanks.

Re: Play off Strike?

Are you sure about (2)? Hope you are right, BTW. What are the sanctions, if you know Thanks.

The sanctions aren't listed in the relevant article (as often happens with the CBA), and I don't feel like looking for them right now. Needless to say they have to be substantial in order for them to have any teeth ($1,000 a day per team, for example, would be rather meaningless).

As for (2), I quote the CBA here:

Section 1. No Strike/Lockout: . . . neither the NFLPA nor any of its members will engage in any strike, work stoppage, or other concerted action interfering with the operations of the NFL or any Club for the duration of this Agreement, and no Clubs, either individually or in concert with other Clubs, will engage in any lockout for the duration of this Agreement.

Not so stupid at all.

If fact, plans have been decided on and the strike is already set to hit the playoffs, starting small but with more strikers each week.

It is a guarantee that members of 20 teams, and I'm talking the ENTIRE team including players and coaching staff, will not participate in the first round of playoffs. Just Strike, Baby.

The second round of playoffs will see 4 more teams not participate (24 teams total) and the same with the third week, with 28 teams not participating in the conference championships.

And for the superbowl, 30 teams - that's right, 30 of the 32 teams - will take part in the strike and not play in the superbowl.

The only thing not settled is which teams will be taking part in the playoff strike, though many teams (Oakland, Detroit, Cleveland, Tampa Bay, Kansas City, Tennessee, Buffalo and few others) are making every effort to be included in the group striking the playoffs.

You heard it here first.

Last edited:
Not so stupid at all.

If fact, plans have been decided on and the strike is already set to hit the playoffs, starting small but with more strikers each week.

It is a guarantee that members of 20 teams, and I'm talking the ENTIRE team including players and coaching staff, will not participate in the first round of playoffs. Just Strike, Baby.

The second round of playoffs will see 4 more teams not participate (24 teams total) and the same with the third week, with 28 teams not participating in the conference championships.

And for the superbowl, 30 teams - that's right, 30 of the 32 teams - will take part in the strike and not play in the superbowl.

The only thing not settled is which teams will be taking part in the playoff strike, though many teams (Oakland, Detroit, Cleveland, Tampa Bay, Kansas City, Tennessee, Buffalo and few others) are making every effort to be included in the group striking the playoffs.

You heard it here first.

Now that right there is just funny, I don't care who you are.

Not so stupid at all.

You heard it here first.

You Sir win the the thread and your prize is an internet

Dumb idea......who thought that one up??

what is "an internet"?

An Internet is like the Internet that you are on right now but special it's filled with naked sex slaves that are only on video and allow troll bashing and stabbing jets fans

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand