PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Playoff Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be a huge Steelers fan next week. A win for the Steelers + a NE win would ensure that NE will be AFC conference champs for the second consecutive year.

Didn’t they lost to the brownies that year...
Yep, but that was their last loss of the regular season. They won the next 8 games in a row, including as @drewskie said blowing out the Jets 45-3. That team was as hot as it gets entering the playoffs. After that Browns lost the scores were:

39-26 @ Steelers (the eventual AFC champs)
31-28 vs Colts
45-24 @ Lions
45-3 vs Jets
36-7 @ Bears (went to the NFC championship game)
31-27 vs Packers (although without Aaron Rodgers)
34-3 @ Bills
38-7 vs Dolphins

That's an average score of 37.4 - 15.6. That stretch was 2007esque. Brady set the record for most passes without INT, was the unanimous MVP. And then it all went apart in the Divisional against the Jets.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
Wild Card
Chiefs over Titans = 31-14 (chiefs just have more talent)
Saints over Panthers = 47-24 ( Saint have to make a statement here and destroy CAR Brees is the most reliable QB in the NFC and the NFL has never had 2 RB's with 1500 yrds in backfield Ingram/Kamara , should be impossible for CAR to stop , plus Lattimore CB 2nd lowest pass rating allowed, was out both wins vs CAR)
Jags over Bills 24-10 (better defense )
Rams over Falcons 35-27 ( better offense and more consistent defense)

Divisional
Pats over Chiefs 41-17 ( Chiefs cant win in Pats home, and not better and TB wants revenge)
Saints over Philly 17-10 ( Brees short passes, run game in cold, and lattimore, kills Eagles rookie)
Rams over Vikings 37-14 (A shocker, IQ says pick Vikings, but I dont think Mcvay will lose to Vikings 2x )
Jags over Steelers 10 -7 ( hard fought game, but in the end, Steelers OL cannot protect the QB and run game is shut down. Jags are prob the best defense in the playoffs)

Championship Sunday
Saints over Rams 27-17 ( Good weather, RB core, top 1-5 OL ,Brees, and I think Rams take some damage with Vikings D. Brees shows experience and Rams make mistake because all our CB were out for the 1st game so Lattimore is in.
Pats over Jags 38-10 ( Jags cant travel well or handle a shoot out )

Super Sunday
Saints
Pats
No idea who wins but expect Brady and Brees to play perfectly in a possible shootout. It will fall to OL, TE, and the run game with this. ID be surprised if both don't break records. But best fan experience :) and we get a great chance to cook for our bountygate brothers/sisters and pat you on the back and feel welcome and appreciate you for being a model fan base. We love our brothers/sisters in the north.
This would break the record for most watched SB. Good /Evil, Underdog/Brilliant, Great QB/Best ever.. etc the thing I love about it is for once you get to see Saints fans and Patriots fans together on film in an SB. Hanging out laughing, talking ball, and having a good time together. Teaching the rest of the NFL fans, err um Philly, SF, Buffalo, NJ, etc you don't have to be a jerk or mean, you can respect other NFL fans bring your kids, family for a good time with opposing great fans, as the 2009 great fans of NE taught us, by respecting us and not making fun of us.
good luck
Geaux Saints
GO PATS!

Last edited:
Yep, but that was their last loss of the regular season. They won the next 8 games in a row, including as @drewskie said blowing out the Jets 45-3. That team was as hot as it gets entering the playoffs. After that Browns lost the scores were:

39-26 @ Steelers (the eventual AFC champs)
31-28 vs Colts
45-24 @ Lions
45-3 vs Jets
36-7 @ Bears (went to the NFC championship game)
31-27 vs Packers (although without Aaron Rodgers)
34-3 @ Bills
38-7 vs Dolphins

That's an average score of 37.4 - 15.6. That stretch was 2007esque. Brady set the record for most passes without INT, was the unanimous MVP. And then it all went apart in the Divisional against the Jets.

I remember the b2b against NYJ and at CHI.

The road game in the Windy City in particular against a stout Bears defense in the blizzard... and we absolutely smoked them.

I remember the b2b against NYJ and at CHI.

The road game in the Windy City in particular against a stout Bears defense in the blizzard... and we absolutely smoked them.
Wow. 2010. Seems like eons ago.

Wow. 2010. Seems like eons ago.

I remember it all so vividly that it surprises me when I think about how long ago that was. Especially for me...that was a third of my life. I don't know if it's because it was the first season I was on Patsfans for, but I've seriously never been more heartbroken after a loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe