Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How many players will be drafted from UF?

Votes: 5 29.4%

Votes: 2 11.8%

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • 3+

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiZa

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
There seem to be a lot of good players coming out of UF that are in positions of Patriots needs. It would make a lot of sense for BB to go down there this year. Care to guess how many UF players we'll be drafting this year?

Here's a short list:
Joe Haden CB
Carlos Dunlap DE
Maurkice Pouncey C
Brandon Spikes ILB
Aaron Hernandez TE
Jermaine Cunningham DE
Riley Cooper WR
Tim Tebow QB

Last edited:
I say one...... spikes in the second round as a poor man's Rolando McLain.
I wouldn't Pouncey if we had a third rounder.

I have Haden as a high 1st round draft pick, a future shut down corner, depending on how he runs the 40 and 3 cone. I would take him in a heartbeat, but I doubt he makes it past 10 let alone 22. Too bad, a future great player.

Dunlap - I like a lot. I think he could excel in our defense as an OLB if he runs a 4.6 or better and gets his weight down to around 270 pounds. Target = 2nd round.

Pouncey - Not a zone blocker. Never snapped with a QB under center. Eaten alive by Mt. Cody in the SEC championship game and by the Arkansas D Line in the Arkansas-Florida game. I pass on him and his brother next year.

Spikes - If he only runs a 4.7, then I am passing on him as well. I slow MLB that takes bad angles is a death sentence in the NFL. He is only marginal at best on ST, probably because of the lack of speed. Eaten alive by Peek in the SEC championship game. Ouch!
PS: Could get an injury exemption, tough to run on bad hammies. I do give him bonus points for trying. Target = 4th round if he runs a 4.7.

Harnandez - H back type who can not block. I pass on him as well.

Cunningham - Decent pass rusher who benefited from playing opposite Dunlap. Decent first step and goes 100% after the QB. Miserable against the run. Could not set an edge against a high school OT. I pass on him as well.

Cooper - Does not know how to run option routes or read a defense. Not sure what he runs, but even at 4.4, I pass on him as well.

Tebow - While not over looking all the various problems with his slow and low delivery, foot work, lack of experience under center and mechanics, I can not ignore the best intangibles I have ever seen and the potential position versatility. If Joe Theisman can play ST and still become a Super bowl QB, then I am betting on this kid as well. Target 2nd round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes