PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player you would trade up for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriot Missile

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Is there a player in the 09 draft that you would trade up for? Who? How much are you willing to give up for that player and do you think he is a home run as Patriot.

Personally I'm more than willing to stay pat or move down. I guess if I had to do a trade, it would be for Everette Brown at 12. Buffalo pick=1200. 23 and 47=1190. I'd prefer for him to fall farther down to 23 but if I really wanted him I think Buffalo would be the team to trade with. I think they have their sights set on Pettigrew.

There are a few others I would consider as well like Raji,Jenkins, and a safety in the 2nd I'd consider dealing for.

NFL draft-pick value chart - NFL - ESPN
draft value chart

Malcolm Jenkins...another Ty Law type career?

and i know presently it may not be a position of need but by addressing CB now it wont be a position of need in the future.

Only guy in the draft I trade up for is BJ Raji. If he falls past Denver at #12 then I consider trading up with 23 and 58. But he won't last that long.

Is there a player in the 09 draft that you would trade up for? Who? How much are you willing to give up for that player and do you think he is a home run as Patriot.

Personally I'm more than willing to stay pat or move down. I guess if I had to do a trade, it would be for Everette Brown at 12. Buffalo pick=1200. 23 and 47=1190. I'd prefer for him to fall farther down to 23 but if I really wanted him I think Buffalo would be the team to trade with. I think they have their sights set on Pettigrew.

There are a few others I would consider as well like Raji,Jenkins, and a safety in the 2nd I'd consider dealing for.

NFL draft-pick value chart - NFL - ESPN
draft value chart

I think Buffalo picks 11th, for one thing.

For another, I don't see Everette Brown fitting with the Pats. He's way too short to be a 3-4 OLB. Has Belichick ever had someone under 6'3" play outside linebacker? I don't remember it.

If by some insane, freak, never happening act of Jay-sus Curry fell to 12, I'd go grab him. But that will never happen.

Last edited:
I wouldn't trade up in the first but maybe later. We have 4 picks in the first 2 rounds to get Solid players. Most agree BB wil trade back a pick for next year. With our remainding picks I would like to see us package a few and move back into the 2nd round and grab another solid player.
It seems like there's a lot of quality players that will be in this round.
That's imo

I think Buffalo picks 11th, for one thing.

For another, I don't see Everette Brown fitting with the Pats. He's way too short to be a 3-4 OLB. Has Belichick ever had someone under 6'3" play outside linebacker? I don't remember it.

Yeah, your right, my bad. 11th it is.

Michael Oher intrigues me as well if he falls into the mid teens....If Both Sanchez and Stafford are gone inside the top 10, Josh Freeman could go higher as a result...maybe one of those top OTs fall as a result. I can see Oher falling especially if Andre Smith is taken before him. He could be had and would be a solid pick as the eventual replacement for Light at LT

Tyson Jackson or Eben Britton, Oher. Build via the trenches. Also, Clay Matthews does not fit in our style of 3-4 defense, so ignore the mocks that have him coming here. Look for OLBs in the 260-270 range (English, Sintim).

Last edited:
Everette Brown
Jackson
Jenkins

Left Tackle

Michael Oher intrigues me as well if he falls into the mid teens....If Both Sanchez and Stafford are gone inside the top 10, Josh Freeman could go higher as a result...maybe one of those top OTs fall as a result. I can see Oher falling especially if Andre Smith is taken before him. He could be had and would be a solid pick as the eventual replacement for Light at LT

Yep, totally agree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes