PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Pick 91, Patriots Select TE Devin Asiasi (trade up)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asiasi looks like a man among children on all his tape...dude plays big and is agile. No comparisons but he is going to be very successful if can hang on to that great catch percentage he had in college.

Faster Alge Crumpler

In his rookie year Michel knocked 3 different defensive players out of the game. Forget what the team was, but he was just devastating people...

That video, huge hole and nobody touches Sony. Blount or Ben Jarvis Green Ellis would have scored too. Any RB would have run through that huge hole. Was it worth a first round pick? Not for me. Sony's problem is he's like Maroney and falls upon contact. Zero trucking ability.

That video, huge hole and nobody touches Sony. Blount or Ben Jarvis Green Ellis would have scored too. Any RB would have run through that huge hole. Was it worth a first round pick? Not for me. Sony's problem is he's like Maroney and falls upon contact. Zero trucking ability.
He runs with power and makes people pay for tackling him. That was my point.

Again makes zero sense. The example video shows a massive hole and zero people touch Sony till he hits the endzone. Sony is the opposite of a power runner. He drops at the first sign of contact.

Again makes zero sense. The example video shows a massive hole and zero people touch Sony till he hits the endzone. Sony is the opposite of a power runner. He drops at the first sign of contact.
I am not commenting on that video, WTF are you even talking about? A RB doesn't send 3 guys to the sidelines because he runs soft.

Maybe Soreknee sent them to the sidelines because he had bad breath?

He actually doesn't have much power at all and is pretty easy to tackle. And he's atrocious in the open field. He has a major issue of not being able to switch the ball while in the open field when he sees a defender. When a defender attempts to tackle him with the ball on the same side, he can't break the attempted tackle or stiff arm. He just concedes and falls down. That's one reason why it's so easy to tackle him. He got a little better at it late last season, but that's got to be a focus this off season.

His running style is unfortunately very much like BJGE.

Check out RB's YAC. Sony is 21st in yards and 45th with a measly 1.6 YAC per attempt. Had more broken tackles than I thought, but he's still middle of the pack with 16.

This will drive @captain stone nuts.

Who was #2 in YAC yards? His former teammate Nick Chubb.
Who was #1 in broken tackles? His former teammate Nick Chubb.

OUCH!

Truth hurts @Nunchucks So go ahead and change that dislike rating on my post above.

2019 NFL Advanced Rushing | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Last edited:
Check out RB's YAC. Sony is 21st with a measly 1.6 YAC yards. Had more broken tackles than I thought, but he's still middle of the pack with 16.

OUCH!

Truth hurts @Nunchucks So go ahead and change that dislike rating on my post above.

I love Nick Chubb.

He singlehandedly gave us the W last year.

Check out RB's YAC. Sony is 21st with a measly 1.6 YAC yards. Had more broken tackles than I thought, but he's still middle of the pack with 16.

OUCH!

Nonsense that Sony goes down on the first hit, he's a decently strong runner as the broken tackle stat shows. His major deficiency is actually that he is completely non-elusive at the second level, and even appears to run into contact when he doesn't need to, hence the terrible YAC stat.

Nonsense that Sony goes down on the first hit, he's a decently strong runner as the broken tackle stat shows. His major deficiency is actually that he is completely non-elusive at the second level, and even appears to run into contact when he doesn't need to, hence the terrible YAC stat.
He seemed more elusive in school hoping for a strong rebound year from Sony so I will stop calling him Panasonic

I love Nick Chubb.

He singlehandedly gave us the W last year.
Yeah he fumbled twice that game (lost both of them), and fumbled (& lost) another during the season...Other than those mistakes - he didn't have any fumbles, lost or otherwise, during 2018 - he has clearly out-performed his former teammate, and by a considerable margin too...

It's really no longer up for debate (if it ever was) who the superior RB is...It was Nick Chubb before the draft, and it's beyond obvious that it's Nick Chubb since the draft.

Quite simple:

Is Sony as good as we’d thought he’d be? No.

Is he as bad as some are making him out to be? Not even close.

Quite simple:

Many of the tackles of Sony are people tripping up his feet.

Quite simple:

My biggest gripe on him has been his lack of catching the football. He would’ve made things easier on himself if he was a capable pass catcher, someone defenses would
have to account for.

He was an important part of our 2018 run and we knew drafting him that he was a one contract player so I can’t be too upset. That being said @captain stone in hindsight we should’ve taken his teammate.

Only at Patsfans.com can a thread about Devin Asiasi become a multi-poster cat fight about Sony Michel.

Curious to see if Taylor can get his way into the rotation he looks like the kind of back who will excel here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back