PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Pick 159, Patriots Select K Justin Rohrwasser

Status
Not open for further replies.
The danger is those people can complain, protest and boycott and put financial pain in the employer to fire the employee. Particularly concerning when the employee is falsely labeled.

Hm sounds familiar

Would love to look at Ring 6's posts on Kaepernick. Oh wait, you had a different username back then. What was it, again...?

Isn't that also.....their exercise in Free Speech?

I don't know about you, but my right to Freedom of Speech doesn't protect my livelihood. My employer has rules in their employment handbook that anything I say (in public, on Social Media, on LinkedIn etc etc etc) that brings negative attention to my employer can be held against me in terms of my job.

Freedom of Speech is between the Government and the people. Not between People and People, nor Employers and People.

It literally doesn't exist as a right outside of that instance.
I’m not going to get into a political argument on a football board. I should have known better than to comment.

Hm sounds familiar

Would love to look at Ring 6's posts on Kaepernick. Oh wait, you had a different username back then. What was it, again...?
The issue fits both cases.
Like or hate either player their job should not depend on their politics. Their job should depend on their ability to do it.
Freedoms don’t depend upon whether you agree with someone’s politics.
But I’m not getting into a political argument on a football board, I should have known better than to comment.

Well that’s a dumb tattoo, but again he can do whatever to his body.
Acting like he didn’t know what the tattoo stands for is even dumber. Glad he is going to cover it up...

I just hope he stops following hanging with the wrong crowd because that will become a very quick slippery slope.
This team doesn’t need more drama/distraction.

But I’m not getting into a political argument on a football board, I should have known better than to comment.
To the extent that political action impacts the product (football), political arguments do have a place in the football forum. Kaepernick being a prime example.

It being America, we also have the right to strongly and vociferously disagree with someone else's opinions.
No you’re wrong. You’re talking about the same people that scream about how great freedom is until they are having their precious football game disrupted because a handful of players kneeled down. Then they cheer their hero, who speculated on injecting bleach into people as a medical treatment, when he says they should be dragged off the field and fired

Hm sounds familiar

Kaepernick was an uninformed douche with a rapidly declining skillset. He was not worth the headache.

This guy is a 4th round kicker fresh out of college.

The comparison is stupid.

Last edited:
To the extent that political action impacts the product (football), political arguments do have a place in the football forum. Kaepernick being a prime example.
My point was that it shouldn’t.

Kaepernick was uninformed douche with a rapidly declining skillset. He was not worth the headache.

A kicker is also not worth the headache.

Of course but people are calling for cutting this guy.
I could be wrong, but doesn’t your right to express yourself include the right of companies to fire you if your words are inflammatory.

So (1) by all means, Placekicker, say what you want (2) by all means, Patriots organization, feel free to fire employees that sully your name.

Not saying they should / will. I just think that is the whole « freedom of speech thing » in most developed countries, yes ?

images

I’m sure there is a tattoo artist that could transform it into something less controversial.

I could be wrong, but doesn’t your right to express yourself include the right of companies to fire you if your words are inflammatory.

So (1) by all means, Placekicker, say what you want (2) by all means, Patriots organization, feel free to fire employees that sully your name.

Not saying they should / will. I just think that is the whole « freedom of speech thing » in most developed countries, yes ?
I’m bowing out of the political discussion but I’ll just add that employees have rights.

Kaepernick was uninformed douche with a rapidly declining skillset. He was not worth the headache.

They are actually near perfect reflections of each other. You could almost play a mad lib game and not be sure who were you were speaking about.

___________ (Declining QB/rookie K who was over drafted) whose _________
(advocacy/support of a fringe group) is oversized in terms of spotlight compared to his on the field performance and which offends __________ (right/left leaning) portion of the population.

I'm not sure that this guy is a racist. What I am sure of is that a kicker is getting the most press out of anyone that the Pats selected and none of it is good. I mean he might be good but is a kicker worth the negative press?

I will say at least this guy acknowledged it on the call instead of just trying to sweep it under the rug.

Marshall's student body is 84% white. West Virginia State is an HBCU, Marshall is not. Not sure where this notion came from but people seem to have it.

Because all movies matter.

What ironic in this outrage of this closet racist kicker we have is that he transferred to a predominately black college.

no, a 80% white college

Because all movies matter.

What's weird is that We Are Marshall in no way portrays Marshall as a HBCU, and one of the most successful Marshall alumni in the NFL is Chad Pennington. It's like people never saw the movie but remember there was a movie and confused it with Remember the Titans in their memory. Either that or some media personality said or tweeted the "he can't be racist he went to an HBCU" thing and now people are just parroting it.

What has he said that's been inflammatory?

I lost track of when this stopped being America and there was freedom of speech and people were free to believe what they wanted regardless of whether it was popular or whether you or I agree.
We all have freedom of speech. He won't be thrown in jail.

None of us have ever had freedom of consequences of speech. Nor should we.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes