PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Phil Perry Note: James White A+ Blitz Pickup (Destruction of Timmons)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Even with Lewis getting more of the load, I've noticed a lot of plays where they seem to swap in White specifically for protection. He's become Faulk-like in blitz pickup.

I noticed it when it happened. It was great.

Thuney had a great comeback block on the flea flicker

Iron-rookie Thuney is losing his step a bit lately, but he had a monster rookie season. I believe he can put #one more early season performance in the SB and then take a good rest for a good second year step - hopefully under Dante - to become a Left Tower of strength for years to come ..

Even with Lewis getting more of the load, I've noticed a lot of plays where they seem to swap in White specifically for protection. He's become Faulk-like in blitz pickup.

Mini-Hulk like. Unbelievable.
___

This was already posted elswhere but I guess it belongs to this thread..

Iron-rookie Thuney is losing his step a bit lately, but he had a monster rookie season. I believe he can put #one more early season performance in the SB and then take a good rest for a good second year step - hopefully under Dante - to become a Left Tower of strength for years to come ..

Considering the amount of snaps he's been on the field for, Thuney may be hitting the rookie wall.

This is exactly why, when pressed by the media about individual plays and individual players, Belichick always responds with "the team did a good job..." type of answers. It looked like Brady and Hogan were the stars of that play, but really it took Brady quite a while to find Hogan, who was open for 3-4 seconds just by running his route and standing in the end zone. The hero's of that play were the OL and White who gave Brady all that time to go through his progression.

Hogan gets TD's and yards and media attention, but that's just the cover on the book.

Mini-Hulk like. Unbelievable.
___

This was already posted elswhere but I guess it belongs to this thread..

Pretty impressive how White was able to destroy a guy who outweighs him by 30 pounds, and is charging towards him with a full head of steam

great play by White as some of yall have stated

but White could finish it a little better by either jumping on Timmons after he is on the ground, or putting himself between Brady and Timmons

White had another good block on Edelmans TD. He was going through the line and chipped the LB (might have been Timmons again) and knocked him off stride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back