PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Colts cut Klecko, promote Corey Hilliard

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is getting to be a ying to our yang on this acquistion of talent between the Colts and Pats.

As much as I dislike the Colts, have to respect their ability to acquire talent. Maybe they had Hillard rated in the draft the same way the Pats did???

Re: PFT: Colts cut Klecko

Probably Polian in a pique. Retribution. Look for the Jets to pick him up in order to distract their fans from their train wreck season.

How can you call a plane crash a train wreck?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Unfortunately, it looks like Dan Klecko has been cut from the Colts. It's a sad day in the NFL. Any chance you think he gets picked up by another team? Probably not. One of my favorite recent players for everything he does, even if he went to the Colts.

I own a Klecko jersey. Talk about a bad investment. ;)

Klecko was one of my least favorite Patriots ever, by and large he was a total waste of a roster spot. Hybrids are nice only if they can play at least one position at an NFL level. He wasn't big enough to be DT and was too slow to be a DE. I am glad Mike Wright took his spot.

Despite what I'd posted about Klecko going to the Jets to assuage Mangini's failure, I've heard about that bad blood before and believe you're correct. Could you elaborate?

Klecko is reported to have claimed Mangini misused him, didn't try to use him properly, or something like that.

It's not clear if this is because he simply wasn't a great fit for any particular position in a BB defense, or something else.

Klecko was one of those *great* college football players who could just never a find a position in the Pros that they could thrive at. On a crappy team like the Jets they should be able to find something for him to do. Maybe the Browns even.

Stlll it's hard to feel sorry for a crappy Pro player who managed to pick up 2 SB rings with 2 different teams.

Hey wait a minute...isn't he the clown who caught a TD pass in that AFC Championship game?

In that case f*ck him!

And it's interesting how the great NaPolian has to pick through our trash to find some players. I thought he was so great at finding late round gems? What happened to that? F'n trash-pickin wanker.

Last edited:
Klecko was one of my least favorite Patriots ever, by and large he was a total waste of a roster spot. Hybrids are nice only if they can play at least one position at an NFL level. He wasn't big enough to be DT and was too slow to be a DE. I am glad Mike Wright took his spot.

I agree! IMO, he was a waste of a roster spot while with the Pats.

When Klecko was drafted, I ass-u-med that he would be converted to ILB and replace Bryan Cox as TJ's backup. I never considered Klecko as a DL in either a 3-4 or 4-3 system. In that regard, I wonder just how seriously the Conversion to LB experiment was conducted during the 2005 TC.

In the end, lil' Danny was a 6th-round talent who was mistakenly overdrafted with the 20th pick of the 4th round, when there were more palatable options still available, e.g.: FS Terence Holt, RT Tony Pashos, DL Rien Long, LB Hunter Hillenmeyer...

I hope he gets picked up and makes it...he really needs to find a position..I wish he could find a spot here..BUT...at this time not needed...I AM surprised about Hilliard. I really think he showed the least of the 3 drafted linemen. He's been on the PSqd for a few weeks..interesting that he may play against the Chiefs today..will he make it?? Not sure..

Re: PFT: Colts cut Klecko

thank you. here is my shirt. to everyone who thinks I'm not a Pats fan, suck it

kleckopy0.jpg

LOL ... I have the same jersey.

I bought it on an impulse after the draft and after joining "Cult Klecko" over at KFFL.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back