PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peters to the Commanders

Peters taking the job a mere few hours after RK makes the head scratching decision to hire a new HC, one with four years of coaching experience total, before a GM is not a coincidence I think.

On *this* particular story, he was fed everything from Mayo and Kraft themselves. If he said it's Wolf, it's Wolf.
Do you have a link to where Curran says it's Wolf? I was just looking through his recent posts and don't see anything.

Wolf has good experience in the FO he can be a very good GM. Getting a great OC and staff is a bigger deal.

Peters taking the job a mere few hours after RK makes the head scratching decision to hire a new HC, one with four years of coaching experience total, before a GM is not a coincidence I think.

Feels like a coincidence to me. I don't think this job is so attractive that Peters was just waiting around for it then immediately signed with the Commanders when it didn't go his way. More than likely there just wasn't mutual interest between him and the Pats.

Weren’t you the same guy in another thread complaining BB was coach w “smallest staff of only 10” [ when in fact I looked up & posted 19 names in the BB Assistants thread].
I wasn’t looking to call you out previously, but you seem to play fast-loose w facts when you want to make a point. I think you are a better poster than that (& apologies in advance if I got you confused w Triumph or someone).

in any event; it is in fact FIVE (5) years ACTIVE COACHING ; but also 3 YEAare of QUALITY CONTROL when he was on IR.

”Mayo finished his next three seasons, in 2013, 2014 and 2015, on injured reserve. While nursing a torn pectoral in 2013, a torn patellar tendon in 2014 and a shoulder injury in 2015, Mayo worked with then-defensive assistant Steve Belichick and spent hours watching film together.”

“Steve and I, our relationship goes a long way back,” Mayo said in 2019. “When I was hurt, we would spend hours watching film together, breaking down film, talking X’s and O’s. Steve loves the history of the game, as well, so he would always drop nuggets. He grew up around it. We have a very strong relationship, and we kind of play off each other. It’s been great.”

Weren’t you the same guy in another thread complaining BB was coach w “smallest staff of only 10” [ when in fact I looked up & posted 19 names in the BB Assistants thread].
I wasn’t looking to call you out previously, but you seem to play fast-loose w facts when you want to make a point. I think you are a better poster than that (& apologies in advance if I got you confused w Triumph or someone).
That wasn't me. I didn't know he had a quality control role when he was on IR though so thanks for sharing that.

It probably is. The Commanders were reported to make a full court press on Peters and he was their number 1 priority. They basically started courting him on Monday. We waited pretty late in the cycle to get him. I doubt we even talked to him.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back