PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pedestrian Bridge Coming to Route 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patsgofor4

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score

It should come as no surprise that:

1. This is being done in anticipation of the World Cup, not because he cares about Pats or Revs fans.

2. The cheap midget wants/expects someone else to pay for it.

While not specifying a price tag for the proposed bridge, Krantz said the Kraft Group is exploring available grants linked to the World Cup tourney from both state and federal agencies.
“The desire is to tap into monies that are supposed to be freed up for World Cup,” he said.

The timing makes total sense now. Krafty Bob at it again!

RKK paying for pretty much everything without public assistance (relatively speaking) then closing the spigot reminds me of the time many decades ago I bought a house in Boston with a 2nd mortgage and had to live on cheap ramen for a while. Don't blame RKK for still having that house poor mindset. It's like those billionaires who still eat at McDonald's.

Edit: Funnily enough, due to laziness, I randomly had cheap (~30cent) ramen for dinner last night [to go with my glass of an $85 retail bottle of scotch], so I guess nothing's really changed for me either.

Completely ridiculous why they haven't built one of these yet. How many seasons on Rt 1?
We have several of these built over I25 in Denver. They build it off site. Then install it overnight. It's ****ing amazing how fast you can get stuff done construction wise without the political BS and corruption that exists in Mass. Also working outside the union hours and cigarette breaks helps.

Completely ridiculous why they haven't built one of these yet. How many seasons on Rt 1?
We have several of these built over I25 in Denver. They build it off site. Then install it overnight. It's ****ing amazing how fast you can get stuff done construction wise without the political BS and corruption that exists in Mass. Also working outside the union hours and cigarette breaks helps.

Eh. Take it from Cincinnati. Sometimes quick construction means more corruption. Our previous city council had like... 80% of them leave midterm because of federal indictments concerning bribes with contractors.

I have no idea what Mass./Boston politics is like, but just a reference from a dif. perspective.

At least this bridge would be useful. Here in Pinellas County Florida there a few questionable (in my opinion) pedestrian bridges being built.

The first one took a year to complete, over six-lane US 19.
It connects a trailer park to a gas station/convenience store.
I'm guessing it will be used maybe ten times a week.

Another further north on 19 will connect a courthouse on one side to the DMV on the other.
It's still under construction; other than saving bicyclists a few minutes until the next red light/crosswalk, its usage will also be negligible.

A third bridge will go over another six-lane road, about 100 yards from a red light/crosswalk.
At least this one will be useful for kids coming home from a nearby elementary school to a residential neighborhood.
But is the cost of the bridge worth not having to pay for school crossing guards for a couple of hours?

Then there is some group that is puching for an underpass that nobody wants. An underpass in Florida? What a stupid idea. It would be completely washed out and unusable every time it rains.

None of them happened overnight; more like 12-15 months in each case.

Wow this is a great idea 40 years ago! I don't think it's going to happen though because of how helpful it would be and we can't have anything like that.

Eh. Take it from Cincinnati. Sometimes quick construction means more corruption. Our previous city council had like... 80% of them leave midterm because of federal indictments concerning bribes with contractors.

I have no idea what Mass./Boston politics is like, but just a reference from a dif. perspective.
There is absolutely no corruption in Massachusetts/Boston politics. The Commonwealth is run only by men and women of the highest integrity, honor and decency.

There is absolutely no corruption in Massachusetts/Boston politics. The Commonwealth is run only by men and women of the highest integrity, honor and decency.
IMG_0122.jpeg

Asinine this didn’t happen over 20 years ago

From the OP, it sounds like Kraft will blow the bridge up right after the WC, or something.

Especially the ones who ask us to house illegals instead of war vets or the homeless.

Especially the ones who ask us to house illegals instead of war vets or the homeless.
Since when do people care about housing the homeless? Lol

Since when do people care about housing the homeless? Lol
You dont have homeless shelters in your neighborhood? I never heard of “illegal border jumping” shelters…I could be wrong. Heck what do I know, I’m only on special teams.

it didn't dawn on me that it took Krafty Bob getting the world cup to make this happen.

******** debunked talking point.

Debunking requires some belief in a shared, verifiable reality. Alternative Facts were an official position of a US Presidential Administration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST