PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pederson fired, Cross Wentz off Patriots wish list

They will try to fix him with new coach
I'm pretty sure everyone who looked at all the ramifications of the Wentz situation came away knowing that Wentz wasn't going any where this coming year because it was too damaging to the Eagles financially. Only those who pretend the salary cap doesn't exist thought Wentz was a possibility.

He'll fit right in in Jetsy land

It sorta works out for him though if you think about it. He gets (probably) a really good QB at 2 overall, rather than being stuck Wentz or Hurts. And he'll be paid millions of dollars to coach a team with low expectations...even getting the Jete to 8-8 is a championship for that organization.

They let the wrong qb go. Foles and Pederson had good chemistry. He wasn’t a world beater but it worked.

Kind of a no win situation for the coach since he might of been crucified for trading Wentz away before he signed the 128 mill contract. Maybe not though, given that Foles did win them a SB. He signed. 4 yr 88 million contract with the Jags which in retrospect is a lot but nothing near the crippling 128 Wentz got.

Pederson should be blackballed from ever coaching again after that bullsh*t he pulled in week 17. Deprived me of finally seeing Brady beat the Giants in the postseason.
He did Brady a favor.

By the end of the season the WFT was much better than the NYG. Particularly on defense. I think the Bucs would have beaten the Giants with ease.

By the end of the season the WFT was much better than the NYG. Particularly on defense. I think the Bucs would have beaten the Giants with ease.
Yeah probably...But I still didn't want to take that chance...Besides, Melonhead Dougie is/was under Zero obligation to do what's right for the Jersey Vagiants...Joey the Worst WRs coach of 2019 Judge could've simply won just one more game, the whiny b!tch...

Last edited:
100 percent paired up with GM Douglas.
Part of me is hoping McDaniels takes the Eagles job.
I have a feeling they are going to go with Joe Brady Eric Bienemy or Josh McDaniels.
Does anyone want McDaniels anymore?

I have to admit this one surprised me. I mean, winning a team's first SB ever only gets 3 year's grace? Maybe Philly decided that Reich was the brains behind that victory after all.... (which, to be fair, he kinda was....)

Yes. I think he’s a good coach.
What we think doesn’t really matter. I like the guy too. Curious that he hasn’t received any interview offers.

Reactions: Ian
What we think doesn’t really matter. I like the guy too. Curious that he hasn’t received any interview offers.
Not really...Skippy had his shot, blew it, and could've had another but decided at the very, Very Last Minute to decline...The Shield has a long memory that way...And there are so many other worthy candidates now...The Only way he gets another HC gig is if he wins a SB without Brady...and we All know that's never, Ever happening.

Wentz let it leak to the media that his relationship with Pederson is beyond repair. The fact that he is essentially untradeable for Philly made Doug replaceable. It is not like Pederson had a particularly successful tenure. That SB is surrounded by multiple laughably inept seasons.
According to a couple of beat guys on CSNPhilthy last night, the main reason for Melonhead's depahture is that he has not been given autonomy to select his own coaching staff, nor to retain them if management wanted any of them gone...Gotta side with the Head on this one; seems like a reasonable request to me, though I still believe the either Carson/or Dougie dynamic made their decision to let him go more defendable in their minds, because they're likely stuck with Wentz through at least 2021...

He lost his team when he tanked the last game of the season....
Yeah I wonder how much of that little episode acted as a final straw in the HC/FO relationship...Now that could be the subject of Melonhead's next book...worth reading, for a change.

The big winner in all this, again, is Howie Roseman...The guys on last night's show however wonder if Jeff Lurie fired the wrong dude...

Pederson loses games primarily because Wentz sucks. Not that he’s a good coach to begin with, but blaming him for Wentz sucking is denial and will just avoid addressing Wentz another year.

Wentz is not good. Good QBs are not “held back” to this degree by bad coaching, especially the same coaching they previously thrived under.

Still can't believe we lost a SuperBowl to that clown and Nick freaking Foles. As for Wentz, he was terrible last year. Definitely not on my wish list. Not to mention his alleged character issues and lack of leadership. I would rather bring Cam back than get Wentz or Darnold. At least Cam has experience in the system.

Wow...I live in Hershey and watch CSNPhilthy, but I didn't realize that Wentz was this bad of a headache...
I've read a number of things about him that point to character issues. Same thing with Tannenhill when he was in Miami. I want no part of that at QB. No better way to handicap a talented offense than if the other players don't trust or respect the QB.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back