PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats1...

patsox23

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Listen, man, I always appreciate your play-by-play, and I understand there's a Pats board and a Sox board, and I also understand that some of you guys have a searing hatred for all things and discussions Red Sox. BUT:

Why do you have to be such overbearing, power-hungry JERKS about it? "No. End of subject." What is that? That's just completely unnecessarily beligerent. Why go there with such a bullying, macho, neanderthal approach?

WE KNOW YOU HATE BASEBALL. WE GET IT. But it was a perfectly reasonable request and OBVIOUSLY extraordinary circumstances. I think there's a better way to handle that kind of thing next time.

Pats1 RULES.

Pats1 RULES.

Again, there's that macho, bullying, frat boy attitude - the WORST kind of person to give any kind of power to, even on a freakin' internet site. Admit it - you guys had t-shirts made up. Didn't you?

Week or so ago i had my first direct experience with Pats1's editing.
Offended my vanity ... but no harm done.

Since then i seem to have been especially alert to obvious, or referenced, editing on the board.
My conclusion is that the mods ... principally Pats1 ... do a fair and balanced job of it.
I don't see it as agenda-driven. I see it as driven by a search for
clarity and quality.
On the whole, the board gains considerably more in user appeal by this editing than it loses.

Therefore, i would encourage P1 to continue pretty much just as he has been doing.
Thank you!

Since then i seem to have been especially alert to obvious, or referenced, editing on the board.
My conclusion is that the mods ... principally Pats1 ... do a fair and balanced job of it.
clarity and quality.
On the whole, the board gains considerably more in user appeal by this editing than it loses.

Therefore, i would encourage P1 to continue pretty much just as he has been doing.
Thank you!
youll get some good brownie points for that post .
:rolleyes:

Pats1 is the man, plain and simple.

If he allowed Red Sox threads (or other non-Pats threads) on the main forum, the forum, like many other message boards, would become a cluster f**k of randomness. The narrow focus of this message board is what many of its users find so alluring.

That said, I do think exceptions can be made when a thread is based on a breaking news story occurring in real-time with an end in sight - which was the case last nite. Buccholz's effort last nite was electric, and is going to go down as one of the biggest sports stories of the year, no matter what the Sox, Pats or C's do the rest of the way. I think exceptions can be made in that case.

That said, Pats1 and all the other mods here run a tight ship, and it leads to a really great forum, so you have to do whatever they say. It's hard to argue with the results, this is easily the best run message board I've ever used or witnessed.

Last edited:
Pats1 is the man, plain and simple.

If he allowed Red Sox threads (or other non-Pats threads) on the main forum, the forum, like many other message boards, would become a cluster f**k of randomness. The narrow focus of this message board is what many of its users find so alluring.

That said, I do think exceptions can be made when a thread is based on a breaking news story occurring in real-time with an end in sight - which was the case last nite. Buccholz's effort last nite was electric, and is going to go down as one of the biggest sports stories of the year, no matter what the Sox, Pats or C's do the rest of the way. I think exceptions can be made in that case.

That said, Pats1 and all the other mods here run a tight ship, and it leads to a really great forum, so you have to do whatever they say. It's hard to argue with the results, this is easily the best run message board I've ever used or witnessed.

I completely agree with that:agree: I also think that he is a good mod, but should have allowed the no hitter thread to stay for awhile

Heh, amidst all the madness in the main forum today, I stepped out and noticed this thread down here.

As far as the Buchholz thing goes, that was just a matter of the second, third, and fourth threads that were started. The first one we had no problem with -- just a simple redirect, and enough attention I think is garnered. But when that same user started posting inning-by-inning update threads in the main forum, it got me and another moderator a bit annoyed. But no harm done.

And actually, no, I don't hate baseball. It has always been in a close second place to football for me. Not to brag but to rather make a point, I could reel off the Sox's top minor league prospects (SoxProspects.com rocks) as well as I could the Pats' roster.

patsox23 said:
macho, bullying, frat boy attitude

Actually, for those that know me personally, that's probably the antithesis of my personality.

psychoPat said:

clarity and quality.

Thank you!

Yeah, I'll usually make a few edits as I see fit to fix some aiM-sp3ak problems just for readability. Whatever I did to yours was just me forgetting about your creative style -- it probably came after I cleaned up a user's post who probably pre-writes it notepad, so sentences just abruptly stop, skip a line, and continue on the third. Not a big problem at all, just a little strenuous to read sometimes when you're going through 100+ threads. But your posts are fine.

Anyway, back to the mayhem on Patriot Place.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back