PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats will play Bucs in London in 2009 [mergedx2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironwasp

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
NFL International Series 2009

The NFL is going to announce at 1pm ET the identity of the teams coming to London for next year's game.

Educated best guess.... you're not going to like it...

Pats-Bucs

Re: NFL International Series 2009

The NFL is going to announce at 1pm ET the identity of the teams coming to London for next year's game.

Pats-Bucs

Why is this an educated guess?

Bucs have basically already put their hand up and practically begged for a gig life this. It is definitely AFC-NFC. (they already said that) Next year: AFCE vs NFC south. It won't e the Fins (done it already) and they have been bragging how excited they are about the teams that have agreed to come. Bills? (too busy in toronto). Jets? (anyone excited about Jets-Bucs?) Plus we know the Krafts have an interest in extending the brand.

Take it to the bank.

Personally, really really excitedm´, but I understand why many of you will not be. So let's pray it's a Bucs home game.

worthless, who will loose a home game?

just heard on weei.

sorry , just saw the other thread. mods please merge.

Last edited:

considering we have never won in tampa , it maybe a break .also depends where we play the week before and how long is it to london from wherever that is.

Last edited:

Pats-Bucs

I heard the same rumour. Not sure who from... :confused:

Sounds cool to me. That means a good bye week (none of this week 4 crap).

Also, if I am reading this correctly, we will be playing the AFC and NFC South this year, which means this will be our only real lengthy trip this year. No staying on the West Coast for two weeks again.

considering we have never won in tampa , it maybe a break .also depends where we play the week before and how long is it to london from wherever that is.

My guess is the Pats have a home game the week before, and a bye the week after, and the annual Pats-Colts game is the week after the bye.

My guess is the Pats have a home game the week before, and a bye the week after, and the annual Pats-Colts game is the week after the bye.

That makes sense. It's about time for that series to come back to Foxboro, isn't it?

Just to put the icing on the cake, I really, really, really hate the Glazers who own the Buccs. Here's hoping I a) get to go and b) we absolutely destroy them. :mad:

Good point. One of the small mercies is that it is the weekend when British Summer Time ends, so the time difference is four hours for that week only.

That makes sense. It's about time for that series to come back to Foxboro, isn't it?

It's in Indy again, sadly.

Just to put the icing on the cake, I really, really, really hate the Glazers who own the Buccs. Here's hoping I a) get to go and b) we absolutely destroy them. :mad:

the glazers must be thrilled. they own manchester united too .

Nope. Blame the idiotic schedule makers who decided it'd be a good idea to let this series go @NE, @NE, @NE, @IND, @IND, @IND. I'd say it'd be in NE in 2010, but the current schedule only runs through next season, so I have no idea what will happen then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots