PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats to workout WR Mark Clayton Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was having a good year last season until he got hurt, though i think this is more likely trying to light a fire under Tate and Edelman.

This is a due dilligence move just in case they need a WR during the season. Doubtful they sign him any time soon.

Clayton can play. I'd like to see him signed if he's healthy.

Pass, he disappears like,,, I don't like players who disappear like.. He has made like what 4, 5 guest appearances since 2006 like.

Last edited:
Yes, this is due diligence.

We are all set with our top 3 receivers for 2011: Welker, Ochocinco and Price. We expect 1-2 receptions per game from Price as was the case with our #3 wideout Tate last year.

We have adequate possbilities in our last two positions with Branch, Edelamn and Tate. Surely, they are so vital that no upgrade need be sought by Belichick.

Last edited:
Yes, this is due diligence.

We are all set with our top 3 receivers for 2011: Welker, Ochocinco and Price. We expect 1-2 receptions per game from Price as was the case with our #3 wideout Tate last year.

We have adequate possbilities in our last two positions with Branch, Edelamn and Tate. Surely, they are so vital that no upgrade need be sought by Belichick.

thinking ocho gets cut.

Living in Baltimore, I don't remember much from Clayton on the Ravens (granted I think Boller was QB most of the time). JAG in my opinion especially with the other options on the team.

Maybe they just want to thank him personally for that drop in '09.

I know Belchick has signed several old guys this month but a 50 year old WR??

51mZ0oQzGdL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

That's a hell of an expensive trade then. About $5M for a few weeks of practice. I can't see it happening.

Probably meant "ocho gets cut by his roommate."

That's a hell of an expensive trade then. About $5M for a few weeks of practice. I can't see it happening.

I have a feeling that SAS meant Branch not Ocho!

The post that was quoted mention WW, CO and TP as the top 3, missing out DB!

The post that was quoted mention WW, CO and TP as the top 3, missing out DB!

Didn't even notice that!:eek:

Random fact: From weeks 6-16 (the 11 games Branch played), Branch out-produced Welker and was on "1,000 yards over a 16-game season" pace. I think people are way too eager to ditch him.

thinking ocho gets cut.

yeah I just don't see that happening. $4.5 million for a player to learn our playbook and practice with us? seems pretty expensive, even in NFL dollars.

I know Belchick has signed several old guys this month but a 50 year old WR??

51mZ0oQzGdL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
I had that "Say What?" reaction reading the thread title.

Clayton, Duper, Marino...

Gawd it's SO much better to be a Pats fan today. Sadly half this fanboard can't wait for Brady to retire so that Mallett can assume his rightful position. Pathetic.

Random fact: From weeks 6-16 (the 11 games Branch played), Branch out-produced Welker and was on "1,000 yards over a 16-game season" pace. I think people are way too eager to ditch him.

Difference of having Tom Brady and Matt Hasselbeck! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick