PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats & T.O. A Match Made in Heaven???

Status
Not open for further replies.
BelichickFan said:
That was the obvious guess all along. Parcells needs to win and soon. Bledsoe can get the ball downfiled. Owens gets to play in the same division as the Eagles. Jerry Jones is willing to take a chance.

Game, set, match.

If TO had a beef with McNab, what what happens when Drew throws a 3 int game? Or gets sacked when TO was "wide open"

PYPER said:
I'm serious with this. Don't bash me until after you've taken a moment to consider it.

We need WR's. Givens is most likely gone. Branch and Johnson are the only WR's under contract right now. Clearly we need to rebuilt the WR corps.

TO will come on the cheap. He'll need to sign an incentive driven contract.

TO had legitimate complaints with Philly & McNabb. McNabb is overrated and not as good as the media likes to make him out to be.

TO played his ass and risked a lot in doing so against the Patriots in the Super Bowl. It's understandable why he'd be a little frustrated with his QB who despite perfect health, began to dry heave late in the game and cost the Eagles a chance to tie the game b/c he couldn't catch his breath.

McNabb basically melted under the pressure.

In New England, we've actually got the legitimate "BEST QB" in the league. We've also got the best organization and best character.

I really believe that if TO came here, we'd see him at his best. TO is not a problem when things are going well, TO is a problem when things start falling apart around him.

The Eagles didn't implode b/c of Owens. That team liked to use him as the scapegoat but the truth is they were already on their way down. In fact, if anything, it was that sinking reality that helped bring out the worst in Terrell Owens.

In New England there's very little risk of things falling apart around him. This team, this organization, is built to sustain long term success.

I realize that it will probably never happen but I really do think this is the ONE place where TO would not be a problem.

Can you imagine how good Brady could be with Owens and Branch as his WR's? And let's not forget about Watson and Graham.

We'd be unstoppable.
What a waste of a post.

Bellichick will NEVER ever consider to consider Terrel Owens.

I bet TO will quit football and become a rapper or some shizzit like that.

wilycoyote said:
Pyper,
Do you think there are enough catches in this offense to satisfy Owens? I think Tom spreads it around too much for him to ever be happy. He complained about Garcia and Peter King ran down the Garcia-Owens combo in one of his MMQB columns and compared it to Manning-Harrison and some other famous QB-WR and Garica-Owens was right up there and that wasn't good enough for him.

My co-worker and I talked the other day about what qb in this league would TO be happy with and we couldn't name one.

Perhaps. But if there is a QB out there capable of keeping him happy, it'd be Tom Brady.

I don't necessarily think TO would be a problem for our organization but I was overlooking one very important aspect. Our media. Borges and others would like nothing more than to figure out a way to cause him to go off. They'd probably make it the #1 priority. "How can we get to TO so he destroys the Patriots?"

We really do have to do something about our media problems. We need a leader to rally around. Who's up to the task?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3